Toa Hagah, Knights of Teridax

Kualus and his Ice Bat pet

Bomonga
(I am going to change Gaaki to silver this is an old render

Pouks

15 Likes

I’m not really a fan of Kualus’ wide shoulders, but that’s only a tiny gripe that can be overlooked. Disregarding that, these are awesome.

2 Likes

those aren’t Metru torsos 0/10 :laughing:

Jokes aside, the torsos do seem quite blocky, but the unique shoulder armor for each is definitely a big plus for me.

3 Likes

These look mocs look good, not sure how I feel about custom torsos but the shapeing is nice though.

1 Like

yeah I was trying to get the basic shape and then touch up on them in the future. Irl the torso’s would be really fragile and need improvement. As for them not being Metru torso’s Kini told me these should pass as they are the exact same size as the Metru torso and bear a lot of resemblance. Thanks for the feedback!

2 Likes

I like the look of these, and for some reason I really like the fact that Kualus has a bird with him. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ahem Ice Bat (jk thanks for the feedback) I tacked on a bat because he had the mask of Rahi control and ice bats are from Ko metru so i thought why not?

3 Likes

I didn’t even notice they didn’t use the metru torsos until someone pointed it out. Also, just out of curiosity, witch one us your favorite?

2 Likes

Honest I am torn between pouks and bomonga. For pouks I really like the shoulders and spear but I like the bulk of bomonga. In terms of building techniques I would say pouks in terms of overall aesthetic I am gravitating towards bomonga.

1 Like

I want to start by saying that these are all really good, and I would have no complaints if any of these won their respective contests.

However, you may be in violation of a few rules: (Note that the rules are not finalized, and I am in no way involved with the rule-making process. Everything I am about to say may end up being completely incorrect, but I am going off of past contests.)

1. You may run into trouble with that Pouks mask; the Hagah were stated not have masks that were not in the standard shape of their mask powers, and that seems to be a standard Mask of Emulation.

2. The rules only allow 3d printed parts to be used for the weapons and masks. Kualus’s shoulder pads would not fall under this allowance.

Just letting you know so it doesn’t come out of nowhere if the rules end up this way, and you can think about alternatives ahead of time.

Thanks for the feedback

1. But the models also aren’t their final canon form so DQ’ing them even though their masks will change anyways seems silly (also these masks aren’t even the canon forms either)

2. Yeah I kinda figured that before I put them on him. I have been meaning to change them for a while

The blocky technic torsos really detract from these imo. You could achieve the same thing without making any sacrifices to their appearance by just using the prefab Metru gearbox. I take it these are intended to be your submissions for the contest and not just your mocs/versions of the Hagah as you’ve excluded Norik and Iruni, in which case I think you’d be far better off adhering more closely to the set’s designs.
I’m not sure what masks you will or won’t be allowed to use for these characters, but the kanohi designs you’ve chosen I can definitely see the Hagah wearing, personally.

As far as individual critique for the mocs goes:
Kualus is a fine interpretation, and I like the little Rahi he has - but as others have pointed out, those shoulders will likely need to be changed to comply with the rules. The feet are also a bit goofy imo.
Bomonga’s shoulder armour sits a little high, and while the heartlight is cool, none of your other Hagah have one, let alone the sets. I like that the tube texture on the mask is present on the shoulder pads and feet pieces though - I live for texture cohesion in builds.
Gaaki is a bit bland, having nothing really original to her as far as armour/limbs go, and I share the concern others have expressed previously that a gold and blue Toa of Water would look more like a Toa of Psionics, so I’d advise trying another combination; copper perhaps?
Pouks is a bit of a mess texturally, but I think his shoulder armour is interesting, and his proportions/silhouette works well.

2 Likes

Bomonga’s heartlight accidentally made it into to the render it is in no way supposed to be there. Yes I am working on Kualus’s shoulders right now and the feet are old and need to be changed. I only went custom because people are going to complain about these contests only using prefab parts anyways. I ran out of idea’s when I built Gaaki. (I built these 3 months ago and haven’t touched them since. Thanks for the feedback though

This is how the system has been run for the last two contests, but it could change for the Hagah. I won’t get into the “why” of it here, but there’s about 2 days worth of discussion on the contest discussion page.

However, if the system stays the same and the masks can change, then I agree that it would be silly to disallow it.