Toa Hagah Powers

If only we could get the staff involved. All we can do is hope. For now, my plan is to try to wrangle more people into this conversation when the Hagah contests begins by mentioning this discussion and updating it. But if others join in before then it would be great.

1 Like

This MOC looks really neat! It just has that look that makes calling it the name “Bomonga” feel right. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

OK, so I finally managed to nail my personal idea for Kualus’ Sub-zero spear.

It allows Kualus to use his elemental ice powers in a new way.
With it he can create black ice by reaching negative absolute temperature - that is temperatures below absolute zero (yes they do exist).
The special property of such temperatures is that they are actually greater than any positive temperature in the sense that the heat will always flow from the negative (“hotter”) to the positive (“colder”) object.
So what this means for the black ice is that no increase in temperature, no matter how extreme will be able to melt it. Thanks to its negative - sub (absolute) zero temperature, it is literally unmeltable by infinite temperatures. Producing black ice is however exhausting.

I really wanted to do something cool with the concept of negative absolute temperatures, since it is a sub-zero spear after all :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This is another idea I had for it too! Well, to the extent that my version would have this be done upon touching the staff to any form of ice. Still, what an amazing coincidence!

2 Likes

Then why not both? If he could create it, surely it would be possible for him to convert existing ice.

2 Likes

Very true.

2 Likes

I really like this idea, as it makes the staff’s power unique from anything a Toa of Ice could normally do without such a weapon.
(I also think that Teridax would be fond of one of his personal bodyguards having the ability to make Black Ice,:wink: a power which could ironically help to spell Teridax’s defeat when the Hagah turned against him, as he couldn’t simply melt it with his heat vision, thus making Kualus a Toa of Ice more qualified to beat him than even Kopaka of the Toa Mata).)

2 Likes

Thought I would cook up a list of possible Hagah powers based around the idea of them being kraata based/inspired. It is an especially attractive idea to me as it would also pair up with the 7 known Hagah teams of 6- for the 42 different powers.

1. Accuracy: Target- Forces nearby trajectories to be altered towards a target area.
  2. Adaptation: Immunity- Gives the user immunity to any natural abilities of any one target.
  3. Anger: Frustration- Convinces a target to lose desire in combat with every attack missed or after a prolonged amount of time.
  4. Chain Lightning: Shock Guard- Infuses a long-lasting electrical charge into an inanimate target, which then zaps anything or anyone that touches it with the exception of the rhotuka user.
  5. Chameleon: Hidden Blast- Allows the user to imbed a large amount of elemental energy into the rhotuka, which when fired becomes invisible until it collides with a target and releases its stored energy.
  6. Confusion: Distraction- Forces a target to become temporarily focused on any minute thought.
  7. Cyclone: Dizzy- Eliminates a target’s sense of balance and direction.
  8. Darkness: Visual Impediment- Creates a small field of darkness that sticks to and moves with a target. Not even an Akaku or Ruru user could see through the veil.
  9. Density Control: Dispersion- Causes any concentrated flow of energy or fluid mass to expand and become diluted into the surrounding air.
  10. Disintegration: Annihilation- Upon contact with a target, it expands into a sphere of destructive energy, completely obliterating anything within its radius of effect. This requires a massive amount of energy from the user.
  11. Dodge: Ineptitude- Causes a target to become completely clumsy and incapable of attacking with any form of intention. The effects of this usually last for just a short period of time.
  12. Elasticity: Rebound- Upon contact with a target projectile or blast of energy it forms a strong net of energy that bounces the said target back to where it was sent from.
  13. Electricity: Fusion- Causes the metallic protodermis within a target to become temporarily fused together.
  14. Fear: Paranoia- Causes a target to feel overwhelmed by unseen threats.
  15. Fire Resistance: Ice Crystal- Causes a highly resilient form of ice to grow from a target location, consuming any object it reaches.
  16. Fragmentation: Explosion- Explodes upon contact.
  17. Gravity: Levitation- Removes the gravitational pull of a target.
  18. Heat Vision: Scorching- Leaves a trail of superheated air along its path that slowly fades.
  19. Hunger: Exhaustion- Prevents a target from regenerating any energy, causing it to deplete its energy until it collapses. The effects then wear off.
  20. Ice Resistance: Fire Aspect- Grants a target a limited control over heat and flames.
  21. Illusion: Mirror World- Forces a target’s vision to be flipped randomly.
  22. Insect Control: Swarm- Shortly after being launched, rhotuka splits into a swarm of tiny versions of itself which fly around and attacks a target from various directions.
  23. Laser Vision: Flash- Bursts into a blinding ball of light capable of singeing nearby objects.
  24. Limited Invulnerability: Shielding- Creates a short-term force-field of energy around its target.
  25. Magnetism: Persistence- Constantly flies around a target, bouncing off any form of resistance until it hits its mark.
  26. Mind Reading: Surveillance- Flies into the air and creates a field around the user. The user is then able to sense and predict the movements of any living being within the field.
  27. Molecular Disruption: Softening- Causes any hard object it comes in contact with to turn soft and malleable as clay.
  28. Plant Control: Budding- Causes any plant life affected to mature rapidly to produce flowers, fruit, and other natural substances.
  29. Plasma: Expanse- When fired, rhotuka grows outward until it hits a target.
  30. Poison: Nausea- Causes a target to feel sickened, though they remain without physical affliction.
  31. Power Scream: Screech- Lets off a painful screaming noise inside the targets hearing.
  32. Quick Healing: Healing- Can heal a target.
  33. Rahi Control: Retreat- Causes nearby rampaging rahi to become calm to return to their routines, regardless of any other form of rahi controlling power.
  34. Shapeshifting: Doppelganger- Allows the user to appear as any living target as long as the viewer does not encounter the original.
  35. Silence: Dead Air- Creates a field of quietness, breaking up loud sounds, winds, and waves into nothing.
  36. Sleep: Disbelief- Forces a target to feel like they are daydreaming, blurring their sense of reality and dulling their response.
  37. Slow: Slow- Slows a target to a crawl.
  38. Sonics: Quake- Violently shakes a target.
  39. Stasis Field: Stasis- Creates a stasis field.
  40. Teleportation: Waypoint- Allows the user to mark up to 5 points which they can go to anytime, once.
  41. Vacuum: Wind Tunnel- Creates a strong vacuum tunnel along its path, pulling in a target and any wandering object towards the user with a powerful wind.
  42. Weather Control: Desert- Absorbs all water in a small area.
2 Likes

It’s definetly some interesting stuff, because, as I remember, every being has it’s Rhotuka based on their character, which means that tonnes of Rhotuka Powers exist in Bionicle, and this list has 2 times amount of Rhotuka Powers that are canon.
So, admirable work!
Magnetism/Persistance is my favorite, it’s funny.
Annihilation is OP, as the Disentegration is, though.
Fire Resistance/Ice Crystal and Ice Resistance/Fire Aspect feel too elemental-based, and elemental Rhotuka (of fire and ice too) already exist for Toa Hordika. A bit of an issue with Weather Control/Desert too, but a smaller one.
Teleportation/waypoint: why 5?

1 Like

I agree, I don’t really like Fire and Resistance or Weather Control either, but they are different from general Toa Rhotuka.

Fire Toa Rhotuka mostly just make a fireball explosion, whereas Fire Aspect would merely surround an object in fire without burning it, creating a sort of fire shield that could also be used offensively.

Ice Toa Rhotuka are likewise simple erections of ice crystals. I don’t know if you get my reference here, but Ice Crystal was inspired by a movie I remember seeing as a kid, Shark Boy and Lava Girl, where one particular object had the ability to freeze anything that touches it.

Weather Control was a tricky one. I originally wanted it to have a ■■■■■ effect (as in wet to dry and vice versa), but that was already a power, so I settled on making it have a more potent drying effect. I feel like this would be useful for aquatic type missions, where a water-bound object would be left completely loose by a sudden removal of the water.

As for teleportation having 5 steps. 1-3 seems a bit small, 4 is just personally awkward, and 6 or more seems like too much. So, 5. Glad you liked these, in general. I’m always open to receiving feedback.

1 Like

These sound great! One note, though - I would prefer the Shock idea for Bomonga. Oonorak have Numbing Rhotuka, so it would seem strange to me if he had the same power as a Visorak.

I personally had a different idea for Bomonga - a Shrinking Rhotuka to compliment his Mask of Growth.

1 Like

Rhotuka ideas:

Mute: Silences the target for a set period of time. Unlike the Shelek, it does not deafen the target, and the longevity of it’s effect is not dependent on concentration

Disarmament: causes target to drop anything they’re holding

Tether: The rhotuka connects to the target, and an energy chain is created between the target and the user

Location swap: The user and target switch locations/positions. The target must be roughly the same size as the user.

More ideas:

Tracking: Discreetly attaches to a target. As long as the rhotuka is attached, the user is aware of the target’s location, and can also see and hear through the target

2 Likes

@ToaJala, shrinking does seem like it would compliment Bomonga’s power of growth, but then Norik already has that power.

@Atobe_Brick, these seem much more applicable. I would more so support these for Silence, Dodge, Stasis Field, and Teleportation based Rhotuka. Cool ideas.