Toa Hagah team by Sargos - Contest entry

Toa Hagah Team by Sargos

My general idea behind this entry is to give each hagah more distinct aesthetic and a bit of texture theme while still having the team pattern and not deviating too much from the existing 2 hagah.

Bomonga

He’s a big boi.
I really like how Wenua’s hammers look with the texture of hordika foot on his back, similar texture gives him a more consistent look.
His hammer-shaped spear is attached to the balljoint, fitting weapon for his design, something lego would probably do. Always wanted to utilise Pohatu’s feet addons as an actual weapon.

Mask model by Galva can be found here:Great Mask of Growth (axle) (9L2KPTR2U) by Galva_bot

Gaaki

Socket (secondary) color: Mata blue

Connector is added for a bit of extra friction on the shoulderplate so it wouldn’t wiggle as much. Her chastplate and shoulders follow the trident theme which correlates to her mask shape and weapon choice.
Mask model by Galva can be found here: [Outdated] Great Mask of Clairvoyance (axle) (VSNW95YJJ) by Galva_bot

Pouks

Socket (secondary) color: Dark Orange
Here’s the torso construction:

His weapon is Onua Nuva’s grinder made into a chainspear (Wh40k inspired)
I’m concerned that this chestplate will interfere a bit with head movement though it looks more edgy… It would probably look better with the standart mask of emulation, but I do think this version of Elda looks very fitting on him.
He has Elda shaped mask of emulation.
Model by KhingK here:

Shapeways.com

Great Elda (Non-Organic) by KhingK on Shapeways

Check out Great Elda (Non-Organic) by KhingK on Shapeways and discover more 3D printed products in Toys.

And Kualus

Socket (secondary) color: Light Turquoise (Teal?)
Again the armor texture correlates with his mask and the theme of his weapon.

Mask by Galva: [Outdated] Great Mask of Rahi Control (axle) (PFJXK4V6C) by Galva_bot
Spear tip: Staff of the wanderer (BSFE7SP2V) by Galva_

Build height comparison (Don’t mind the shoulders on Kualus)

Studio file: Hagah by Sargos.io - Google Drive

I give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: No
I give consent for my metallic color choice to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: Yes
I give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: No

11 Likes

I could be wrong but i dont think custom part shoulderpads are allowed. liking the teal on kualus tho

2 Likes

I’m all for fantastical stretches on a “spear” but a straight up hammer seems a bit of a stretch for me.

3 Likes

They aren’t.

Just to be clear, “custom” here means 3d-printed; using non-shoulder parts as shoulder armour is totally fine. Kualus is the only issue here.

Same.

3 Likes

You forgot your consent on changing the design for the final artwork.

3 Likes

It doesn’t say anything about no 3d printed shoulders in the rules tho.

But it says it’s restricted to mask and weapons. Liking the model tho

It does:

2 Likes

Fine, I’ll change it.

1 Like

Here we go, a bit bulky, but the texture fits really well. Which version you think is better?

1 Like

Norik uses an axe for a spearhead, so why not.

The scale is markedly different.

You don’t imagine Norik would have to make a chopping motion with his weapon to do damage.

I think it’s the proportions that make a difference. Norik’s spear-end is longer than it is wide.

On side note, I actually do imagine Norik making a chopping motion with his spear, firstly because the tip is blunt, secondly because that’s kinda the scale that war axes are supposed to have irl.

1 Like

… so are the flanges

Then why did you give your Bomonga such a huge hammer? A real warhammer would be much smaller.

1 Like

It’s not a hammer, It’s a blunt hammer-shaped spear ;))
lol, should probably write that in the descripion.