Toa Hagah team Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard

Hey everyone. This is my first post here (I am more active on reddit usually), and I thought I’d take a shot at these canon contests. This is my version of the famous Toa Hagah team. I created them with the specific goal of having them be as close to the pre-existing Hagah that we have. However, I did decide I dint like the whole 3-3 armor color scheme, which is why I made 2 of them gunmetal. I am still looking for a closer paint
match, but it’ll do for now. Thank you.

(Toa Pouks) Toa Rahaga Pouks - Album on Imgur
(Toa Bomonga) Toa Rahaga Bomonga - Album on Imgur
(Toa Gaaki) Toa Rahaga Gaaki - Album on Imgur
(Toa Kualus) Toa Rahaga Kualus - Album on Imgur

(teardown) Toa Hagah teardown - Album on Imgur

I give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (Yes)
I give consent for my metallic color choice to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (no)
I give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (Yes)

15 Likes

Not sure if this is the fault of my own computer or not, but the links are not working for me. They start to pull up the page, but then it remains blank with the imgur background.

They appear to be working for me. It may be on your end.

Yeah, they work fine for me.

Are teardown pictures required to entry the contest?

apparently so

Yes, they are

3 Likes

@Kanohi_Cantri In case you still can’t see the pictures (or if anyone else can’t see them), here they are :slight_smile:

Edit: I think these are all solid entries

6 Likes

Awesome, thanks. While Gaaki’s spear seems a bit too large, these are all really nice. I never even considered a gunmetal Gaaki, but it works rather nicely.

2 Likes

The combination of the Rode and and axe on Pouks reminds me too much of Axonn, but I guess the both of those things can be changed later.

Bomonga is simple, but cohesive. I dig it.

good models

Pouks:
Y’know, I’ve seen a few entries that give Pouks a spear/axe. I honestly quite like it, might vote for entries with a spear-axe now. Heck, might do that with my own entry too. Anyway, yeah, this is a good entry.

Bomonga:
Hmm, cool shoulders, I don’t see that piece too often (in fact, I don’t think I even have that piece). Kinda wish he had another color besides black and gold.
(also, is that left arm blue, or is it just the lighting?)

Gaaki:
All right, I’m going to be honest: the moc is decent, the spear is cool, the spinner is cool – I quite like the dual-tone spinner, and it works great for Gaaki. buuuut… I don’t think I’ll vote for it, since I prefer Gaaki to be gold. My own personal preference, yes.

Kualus:
Ah, I see you made him left-handed. Some people might be bothered by that… but I’m not. So long as he’s not vastly different from the other Hagah, I don’t think weapons being in the other hands will make him stick out too much. That said… well, I would’ve gone with a different Hagah for the lefty, since Kualus has a scope on his right eye, but that can be changed, so…

Overall: they’re certainly good. The painted shield look nice, btw*. Don’t know if I’ll vote for them, as armor color is one of my biggest concerns with this contest, especially for Gaaki. But if the other three won, I wouldn’t complain about them individually.

1 Like

Appreciate the compliments.

Glad you like Pouks.

It’s just the lighting.

I definitely hear that. I was just tired of the 3-3 color scheme, and I felt gunmetal should be implemented.

I honestly didn’t put any thought into who should be left handed vs right handed. I’ll probably change the lefty to Bomonga.

Appreciate the consideration. Honestly, I’d much prefer someone take my ideas and do them better. Just thought I should at least put it out there and see what others think.

Oh yeah, I don’t mind gunmetal. I just have a certain personal preference for Gaaki in particular

I don’t really think it’s an issue that Kualus is a lefty. It just feels a little unbalanced that his scope is on the right eye, but his weapon is in his left hand.
To be clear: that’s a really minor nitpick, and Kualus is really good aside from that. Might even get my vote, to be honest. so long as it isn’t competing against my own Kualus

Hahah. I hear ya. Thanks again for the feedback. Honestly, if I am allowed to change anything, I’ll swap the arms, and I’ll give Gaaki a different weapon. I like it less and less as time goes on.

1 Like

neat mocs, good luck

1 Like