Toa Hagah Visualizations

I certainly applaud the effort, but I do doubt that the moderators are going to accept half-mutated Nidhiki for Kualus.

5 Likes

“Look, all I’m saying is Roodaka’s mutation can stay for me. I appreciate being biped for once.”
-Kualus probably

9 Likes

Four legs means 2 pairs of shoes, EVERY TIME!

the way I see it, if your going to make people paint masks, you might as well make them paint everything. I’ve never painted pieces, though, so maybe painting is more of a hassle than I think.

1 Like

100% agree with this mentality, and it’s the reason I’m going all out with my entries.
Matching the colour is probably the most tedious part when it comes to painting bionicle pieces, but once that’s out of the way you could feasibly paint as many parts as you want.

As far as the most recent designs here go, I personally don’t see much point in painting the mask, shield, spear, feet and the armour, if the pieces you’ve recoloured aren’t faithful to the original Hagah, or the all important “muh G1 aesthetic” - even for a meme like pink Pouks.

I like the metallic colour choices on the other 3 for what it’s worth, Kualus’ being the most interesting, but theres a point I feel where the compromises made in an attempt to appease the purists out there has diminishing returns in terms of the overall appearance and accessibility, and that’s where I think these are at right now.

5 Likes

It’s not just that; some people, myself somewhat included, are concerned with permanently damaging old, out-of-print parts. That problem isn’t there with the masks, since they are 3d-printed.

Now, the shields are still a problem, but they’d be a problem for any colour other than silver or gold; there’s only so much that can be done. Besides, the shields can be printed as well, if necessary.

Honestly, I kind of agree. I’m still waiting to hear from @Eljay or @Mesonak for a final ruling on Spider-Kualus, but, if it gets banned, I’ll probably just suck it up and go with the painted feet.

Not a meme. I finally got my hands on the paint I wanted, and it looks pretty good:

The official entry will be in stud.io, and this physical model probably wouldn’t meet the rules, but this shows what the colours will look like outside of stud.io

3 Likes

that’s a pretty hot take partner

generally speaking paint isn’t supposed to look like tape

3 Likes

pretty sure its pained tape

Yeah, the paint job sucks.

But again:

This isn’t really meant to be a full replica of my entry. It’s just something I put together to show what the colours look like in the real world. I guess I could have just painted a sheet of cardboard and stood it up next to Onewa Metru, but that’s not as fun.

3 Likes

What paint did you use?

1 Like

Is metallic pink a LEGO color? just curious

1 Like

https://canada.michaels.com/en/decoart-extreme-■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■/10597803.html

I only used the DecoArt one, since the other one was always out of stock, but the samples in the store were virtually identical.

I would’ve preferred to use the CraftSmart though, for two reasons. First, it’s cheaper, and second, it’s oil-based, while the DecoArt is water-based, so it should be easier to apply. I never got to test that though.

Chrome Pink is, but they only ever made a single piece in it:

3 Likes

but it would’ve been the greatest moc of all time

1 Like