Toa Helryx (BIONICLE Canon Contest #1: The First)

Toa Helryx, Toa of water, enjoying her favourite weather.

Some different angles, as well as two action poses (since I couldn’t decide between the two :smile: )

And finally, some breakdown photos taken directly at my workbench! I hope you like it :slight_smile:

44 Likes

I like how you integrated the turquoise into the color scheme!

3 Likes

you might have a vote from me… I love how skeletal it is, VERY reminiscent of the mata toa

1 Like

Thanks so much, I’m so happy you say that! :heart:

1 Like

This definitely reminds me of an early toa kinda thing. The hunchback is strange though.

1 Like

Man she’s so cool! Nice job here :grin::ok_hand:

1 Like

Well, the reasoning behind this is that she’s older than the Toa Mata… so as a sort of meta-nod, I went back in time to the sets that came before the Toa Mata :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Interesting. Amazing color scheme.
Not a fan of the gaint gear, even though I get the reasoning behind it.

1 Like

Love this design! Captures 2001 and even reminds me of slizers a bit. Nicely done!

2 Likes

@LegoDavid @SecretAJMan @ToaKebaka thank you all!! :slight_smile:

2001 and 1999 style were definitely my main objectives, so thanks! :smiley:

1 Like

No problem. Best of luck! :metal:

1 Like

Thanks!!

I like the look of the hunch-back, and appreciate the reasoning behind it! I also like the teal- I don’t know if it was the intent, but to me, it looks like parts of her armor have yellowed from there original blue color, adding to her ancient appearance.

1 Like

@darkbrick999 What a cool concept! - it wasn’t my intention, but I wish it was :smiley: I think that works perfectly well as an in-story explanation! :+1:

Very nice!

1 Like

@Mantax02 Thank you! :slight_smile:

Yeah, the entry I’m working on does a similar thing by featuring both sand blue and light blue, with one being a faded version of the other.

1 Like

@darkbrick999 Yeeaah!! Sand blue rules :sunglasses: #lifeonmars

1 Like

This! I’ve seen more well-structured mocs, tbh, but this is the one that makes it for me! It’s ancient, mysterious, it almost feels ominous, being it a first attempt for a Toa, but in a very good way!! Well done, I really see this as Helryx

1 Like