Toa Helryx (BIONICLE Canon Contest #1: The First)

This is my MOC of Helryx, Toa of Water:

Inspiration:
I based her design very closely on the Toa Mata and on Toa Krakua. I wanted to strike a balance between Helryx being one of only seven (correct me if I’m wrong) Toa to have been made, not born. However, I also wanted to maintain her lineage with the other canon contest.

Design:
Helryx stands taller than the Toa Mata, yet shorter than the average Inika build. She stands between them, and her height is most reminiscent of the Metru build. Her color scheme is Mata & Metru blue (eclipsing both colors of water in the Matoran Universe), Light Gray, Dark Gray, and Black (implying her struggle with the nature of reality and her rejection of the Toa Code. Her weapons are both mainly silver, but both are laced with hues of blue. Her hands are technic, given that she is a member of the Matoran Universe. Her entire form is heavily technic, however her torso and shoulders are exceptionally so. The Mata hand on her chest calls back to the Voodoo balls that the Toa Mata often used as armor. Overall, the design is meant to make her appear as a frail woman, who has the strength to take on a universe.

Photos:

3D Printed Parts:
Helryx’s kanohi is 3D printed, and can be found here:

Thank you, KhingK!!!

Closing:
Thank you very much everyone for making this contest possible! This is my first ever post on TTV, and I am very impressed with the community’s response to these contests. Regardless of the results, I’m very much looking forward to displaying a canonical Toa Helryx up on my shelf, and I’m so excited to be a part of the adventure!

20 Likes

I quite like this one, the neck looks a bit awkward from some angles though.