Toa Helryx (BIONICLE Canon Contest #1: The First)

Hi! I joined TTV specifically to be able to enter the first canon contest and I’m really excited about what’s to come. I haven’t done much MOCing since I was a child, but I couldn’t pass up the chance to leave a mark on my favorite series. Anyways, here is my entry:

Toa Helryx, The First

Action Pose

I decided to try an asymmetrical desgin as a callback to the Toa Mata, some of which had specialized builds depending on their equipment. My Helryx carries a large shield, so I felt it was appropriate having an oversized arm with funky proportions. A conscious effort was made to limit the usage of parts from 2003-2010 to make her seem ancient and prototype-y. The exposed pins and axles also serve as minor imperfections in her appearance.

CCBS was used on the limbs due to limited parts. I would have gone for full-on-technic if I had more parts, but they get the job done. The slightly exposed CCBS limbs under the shells make her fit the frail description rather nicely in my opinion. I picture the asymmetry of her legs as the result of her selectively rebuilding herself after many years of wear.

Dropbox link for more images:
https://www.dropbox.com/■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■1C6X74FiU5bda?dl=0

The building process was fun and challenging as I only had a limited selection of parts at hand. It’s not much but I’m proud of her! Thank you for taking the time to review my entry and best of luck for all entrants!

11 Likes