Toa Helryx - Canon Contest #1: The First

Wow this ones good

1 Like

I like most of it, but the system parts on the shins feels really pasted on and out of place. Works good in other places like the arms & torso though.

1 Like

@Minirigby
Yeah I added more system stuff to her because she’s the oldest toa with armor Takanuva has never seen before. I took it to mean it’s something not strictly G1 Bionicle technic pieces. Could be G2 or even system pieces used as armor. I went with system as she’s the FIRST toa ever, the oldest. So she should have something to bridge the gap between technic and system.

1 Like

I think this is actually my favourite so far. Unique, but not outlandish. Well built, but not overstylized/ridiculously greebled. Yes, it’s a tad on the deluxe side compared to actual sets (especially Toa), which I feel like new additions to the canon like this should always be compared with, but it’s nowhere near as pronounced as a lot of the more advanced interpretations so far (and considering her status it’s not like a little flair is unacceptable :stuck_out_tongue: ). I can already imagine the artwork for this one, good stuff.

2 Likes

Aren’t you the one that made that totally sick nikila moc?

Edit: found a pic

5 Likes

Lol thanks! I tried to keep it no taller than an Inika moc. Apparently Greg said all the toa are relatively the same size, so I tried to keep this moc around 9 inches. I tried not to put too many greeblings on Helryx, but I couldn’t help myself. Those claw pieces on her armor looked too good to pass up

1 Like

No sir, that would be my brother WholesomeGadunka

He basically introduced me to moccing, so his style definitely rubbed off on me. Our Mocs will probably look alike going forward now that I started moccing, though I’m sure you’ll see a subtle difference between his and my mocs

1 Like

Forgot to say this, but I love this moc, so mush in fact I’m considering changing my vote.

2 Likes

very well done

1 Like

Very cool build! I’ve seen a lot of your work on reddit and I hoped you’d enter!

1 Like

Love this one. Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks! Though I think you might be confusing me for my brother, WholesomeGadunka. He’s probably the one you saw on reddit a lot

2 Likes

Oh sorry! Tell your brother his MOCs are great too!

3 Likes

Really nice build, it honestly looks like it could be an actual released set!

1 Like

Oh man…

Okay, there have perhaps been some more unique and creative versions of Helryx in this contest that I like a lot, but…

This one just screams Toa, and it nails everything about the character really well. The form, the physique, the weapons, the shapes, even the mask that isn’t my favorite.

It’s not the most “out there,” inventive version of the character we’ve seen so far. In many ways, it’s almost exactly what you’d expect. But it’s definitely one of my new favorites, and I think I can confidently say this one has my vote right now.

4 Likes

Thank you! I’m just really glad people like the moc! I was hoping my version would do her justice as the leader of The Order.

1 Like

wow! i love how finished it looks.

1 Like

Nice. Also, Greg straight up says in one of his forum answers that the frail thing is because of all the damage she’s been through, not because she’s born skinny. So this should be fine.

1 Like

I really like the overall proportions of this build. Just looking it at, it feels like it has a lot of articulation.

1 Like

Thank you! I made sure to give her all the articulation of an inika with the addition of waist articulation