Toa Helryx Mods & Fixes Video

[Apologies if this should go under Creations]

Hi Everyone,

I’ve made this silly little video, but it represents years of ‘wanting’ to do Bionicle stuff and half-attempts. Editing is a bit choppy, but I’m just so pleased to finally have completed something and learnt a lot along the way. I hope some of you find it helpful!

18 Likes

Wow, that really fixed pretty much all the complaints I’ve heard and made. Good work! I’d personally like it, as unrealistic as it is, if some adjustments like these could be made to the actual model before it goes to Greg and BIOsector

1 Like

Totally agree with ToaFautann. Pretty fixes and mods. How somebody says: that goes to my haed canon. Only two things bother me: unmovable shoulder armor (original model has that feature which is cool for removing emptiness under armor) and neon green round plate. You said it is needed for stabilization, but I still don’t understand.

1 Like

The neon green round plate is to keep the shoulder armor from wobbling from side to side, it’s on a pin/axle, so it can swivel in unwanted ways

You could also change the axle 4 with stop in her arm to a 4L bar, that would allow the armor to move as the original, only problem is her lower arm might fall off

1 Like

I like thow you fixed that trash design, that even double said he put no real effort into. I haven’t applied these yet, only made the neck longer by replacing the 2 long axle with a 4 long one, it slightly makes her seem not too much of a hunchback.

2 Likes

Thanks @ToaFautann, but I still need an explanation from the author about that round plate (like isn’t that pin/axle has friction ridges?) Also I wanna concretize about “unmovable shoulder armor” : I meant this movement from the original model (sorry for pieces, the blue one is meant to be Mata head).

1 Like

Hmm, I don’t think this particular build could do that movement, though it can do left-to-right with what I said. My bad for misinterpreting your problem. I hope I could explain the round plate though, it’s that the mata head could flip upside down or be rightside up due to the pin-side of the connection, circular movements y’know? The round plate would fit nicely inside the chin-groove of the mata head, forcing it to be upright.

1 Like

Re the ‘wobbly heads’, @ToaFautann is right in that unfortunately the friction pin holding it in place isn’t as secure as, say, an axle would be.

@Lesnichiy, you’re also right in that you do lose the ‘tilt back’ on those pieces. That was an oversight on my part, although I was never sure if the original design was intended to be styled that way. There always seems to be some form of trade-off.

Thanks so much for all your responses, I should have said in the video but obviously feel free to deviate and adapt to your liking!

2 Likes