Toa Ignika Ldraw Model Blender

I managed to import ldraw parts to Blender through a plugin script. I made Toa Ignika with the pieces that were provided. Couldn’t find any piraka torso although there was a Inika torso, but I just used CCBS torso for Ignika because why not. Mask was made by Maphrox.

Ignika with Rig

Rendered from different angles

Ignika walk cycle
https://vimeo.com/212979396

30 Likes

Never heard of the program but I can tell there was a lot of effort put into this. Almost reminds of of the cg in the bionicle movies.

1 Like

@Khalsa721 Thank you. :slight_smile: The most difficult part was importing the ldraw parts. Sometimes the ldraw model would be missing parts or vertices. It took me a while to figure out how to import them and I did from the website digital-bricks.de and through a addon script for importing ldraw models.

@Torma Ldraw did have inika thigh armor, but when I tried importing it to Blender, it was missing too many vertices/mesh pieces.

@Drahcir_Nosnevets Thank you. And yeah, the walk cycle does need improvements as I am still learning animation while at the same time learning Blender/3D.

1 Like

This is absolutely amazing

1 Like

Lol whats up with the ccbs on the thighs? Other than that, this looks really neat.

1 Like

Looks excellent! That walk looks a bit arrogant though.

1 Like