Toa Mangai of green: Kanae, The Healer

This is my version of the Toa Mangai of the green or plant-life.

I was inspired by the set of colors used by the powjump set and made a new set based on the pieces I had in those colors.

I wanted him to look like a golem or be as robust as the Keetongu in the movie. In addition, I also focused on using pre-2002 parts to build his body. This ended up generating a certain harmony in the construction of the set and in its robust and unique appearance.

I named it Kanae because of the Kanae Lake in Le-wahi and the huge tree present in the lake. I believe this lake was very important for the village, so I don’t think Matau named this lake as Kanae without having importance. It was the largest lake in Mata Nui and Le-Wahi was built around it.

His weapon is a great axe, which I named the Axe of Vitality. This axe has a crystal in the middle that has healing properties. With it, Kanae could recover the vitality of his companions (and even himself) without having to use the powers of his mask (the healing mask). It is not capable of healing serious injuries completely, but he could deal with scratches, some injuries, and physical fatigue. And because of the stone of vitality attached to the axe, plants grow and develop naturally along it.

35 Likes

Man, your toa builds are genuinely some of the most unique I’ve seen. They look believable as Toa while still retaining a flair of uniqueness.

This one is no exception, and looks quite nice, with the creative parts usage of the throwbots torso, among the good use of mata green + turquoise as a color scheme. Yet another awesome addition to your nice collection of Mangai mocs.

[also, on a side note, do you usually provide breakdowns of your mocs? I especially like your Motara/Mafa mocs, most notably for their torso builds.]

7 Likes

Many thanks for the kind words! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

So, I usually only post breakdowns of them when I’m going to participate in competitions, but as I recently hit 1k followers on my Insta account I intended to post one or two of my new toa mangai to celebrate.

As soon as I finish posting all the new 9 toa mangai, I’ll open a poll for people to choose which would be their favorite Toa to be posted.

Follow me there and participate in the polls hehe :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: https://www.instagram.com/kutorakh/ . Usually there is where I post first and here is always a little behind my Insta account

6 Likes

Love the physique you gave him, and everything about that axe is great.

5 Likes

Must be a good day to honor the Mangai of The Green!

Your Kanae is a real beast, and doesn’t go overboard with the plant life aesthetic. I’d love to see him next to the Jungle Slizer/Amazon Throwbot, just for a sort of lineage joke.

6 Likes

The colour scheme is great. I like that you managed to use two kinda rare colours in this build, with it still looking this good.
The axe is great as well. The green thread works really good as a vine on it.

3 Likes

ngl this is probably one of my favourite kanae models
he is a chonky boi yet looks just…really good
i like his weapon too

3 Likes

I love the colour combination, he looks very forest-y.

3 Likes