Toa Mata Revamps (Inika scale)

My attempt at revamping the Toa Mata into taller forms, that can be displayed alongside post 2006 Toa without a large height difference, whilst still retaining their original colours and characteristics.

Tahu

Kopaka

Lewa

Pohatu

Gali

Onua

Hope you enjoy!

Stud.io files: Toa Mata - Google Drive

35 Likes

These mocs look great! You did a really nice job of upscaling the Toa Mata.

1 Like

Nice job, though i may have a few suggestions. It is ultimately up to you if you want to choose to go this route. If you choose not to, that is completely fine.

In my personal opinion, I just wish Onua’s claws were bigger. Many Onua mocs have a stout, bulky build, which is fitting, but they often use the same claws as his original set or use similar small claw pieces, which feel too small on a bulky character like Onua. This is no exception. In his original set, Onua’s claws looked fairly big in relation to his body which is what made him look cool. In the case of your moc, you could go with a different, larger claw piece, such as the clawed Piraka foot. It looks similar enough to the original claw pieces, being big enough to fit with his aesthetic.

Once again, you don’t have to go this route, this is merely a suggestion I have.

5 Likes

Those lower legs are great

1 Like

Really cool builds, although I do prefer when pohatu has weirder body proportions

1 Like

Big fan of these designs

1 Like

Reworked Pohatu’s body to better represent his original set, nixed the Kaukau Nuva, widened the hips, improved the upper arms and added pieces to give him more unity with his fellow Toa Mata.

10 Likes

Ah that looks really good! Fits a lot better with the others as well, nicely done.

3 Likes

Oh man, this is the most epic Pohatu I’ve ever seen!! That is a simply amazing design.

3 Likes

Love that Lewa, nice axe build. Pohatus looking stylish too. Splendid job

4 Likes

Feels like he lost some of his uniqueness.

3 Likes