Toa Mata Revamps WIP - Kopaka, The Lancer

Wow Kopaka is just awesome!

Great job man! those torso designs are beautiful, how you mimic the hydraulics of the mata torso, great

I’m glad you like it

JIM YOU’RE HERE TOO NOW WOOHOO

Yeah, great job. I’ve seen this before, but you deserve the praise. They’re all great customs designs, while still retaining the Mata look. : )

Congrats on being on Steve the hot topics bar.

I like this guy, but the silver on the legs irks me. I know you’re trying to match the original color scheme, but wouldn’t white be better?

And the torso looks odd to me.

1 Like

I like them the way they are and I don’t have anything bad to say about them.

Why thank you (bow)

CEASE DOUBLE POSTING, YOU HERETIC.

plz

-MT

4 Likes

Sorry, Still getting used to this

1 Like

I know I am posting this again but this just looks cool

@Jim Instructionz please? there have to be the coolest revams and i’ve been trying to make a good looking mata revamp for a while!

I’m really glad you like it. Given that a couple of people want instructions, I’ll put some together, but it might take me while (lot’s going on IRL)

ah i reverse engineered the sword arm for my kopaka 205

@Jim how did you get arm articulation on Kopakas sword arm?

Please don’t double-post. --John Smith

I used a white axle-to-pin adapter, putting the liftarm on the axle end and the pin hole in one of these http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=32013#T=P
Then there’s a balljoint on top of that and a balljoint at the wrist

i know that is what you used there my question is it looks like you put an axle through it which for me makes it loose

I like these a lot except for the gap in the upper legs… Is there any way to cover them from the front so it doesn’t affect knee articulation?

Though yeah, look forward to seeing the completed team (And makuta? :P)

That light gray pin? That’s just there to fill in gaps. The elbow is a pin to axle connector. One of the ones that now only comes in blue

None that I’ve found

http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=43093&idColor=1#T=P&C=1
One of those

Wow, they look really great, keep up the good work!

Thanks