Toa Metru Revamp

The idea of this was to revamp the Toa Metru with greater articulation give them a similar height to a standard Inika build whilst preserving the original colours with a hint of the Miramax versions. Overall I’m fairly satisfied with the outcome and I hope you enjoy!

Nokama’s mask is the Kanohi Rau (Movie Style) made by Galva

45 Likes

I don’t think there’s enough of the secondary colors in these builds. Otherwise, though, they’re fantastic.

5 Likes

The legs feel a bit skinny, maybe swap out the connector piece in the upper leg for the one’s the original Toa Metru used.

2 Likes

Nokama with a 3d-printed mask was like a jumpscare. once i’d calmed down a wee bit, i realized these are pretty solid revamps. Nuju is easily my favourite, though. :)

2 Likes

These are very cool. The fact that they’re based on the movie versions and look so much like them (well, as far as you can get with lego pieces) is really nice.

1 Like

Looking pretty nice overall.
Like others have said the secondary colour doesn’t add too much though since there is so little of it.
I also feel that the standard metru armor on the thighs makes them look super thin.
I do really like the new torso builds a lot though.

1 Like

Thank you for all your feedback!

In regards to the secondary colours I am mainly going off the colour placement on the Miramax models where they are only on the hands and upper bodies…

…but I’m probably being too strict in that regard and can add a splash of colour to the ankles

As for the thinness of the upper leg I am in total agreement that it’s too thin and can only blame the lack of medium brown Technic elements and my own stubbornness at having the Toa share a common build.

However, I might have a solution whilst preserving the current height:

By using the leg extenders we can add some bulk whilst still using the Metru thigh armor, however the only issue would be needing to use Rahkshi legs instead of Piraka as the inhibit the knee bend.

4 Likes

I love these, though I have one complaint: fingers.

I normally am fine with fingers on mocs, and feel they should be on larger characters, but here I feel they take away from the mocs more than they add.

That aside, I definitley am going to have to take a shot at building these for myself!

1 Like

Nice mocs, I really like their torsos. Also thank goodness you didn’t give Nokama boobs and thick thighs. Seriously.

1 Like

2 Likes

They look really good. The spread of their Turaga colors is pretty good.

1 Like

I really like these. They look like actual sets that lego could put out, while still being fairly complex and interesting. The whole team looks great, but one suggestion is to lessen the amount of grey in each build.

2 Likes

Not gonna lie, Nokama’s mask is certifiably terrifying, but otherwise these look really great. I think you did a fantastic job striking a “detailed-but-not-overly” balance between the set and movie designs. The only thing I’d definitely recommend changing is Vakama’s orange hands, which stick out too much–also you could lose the fingers on all of them with no loss of interest. I’m not entirely sold on Nokama’s alternate build–it makes sense, I guess, it just doesn’t look as good as the others to me.

3 Likes

Came up with something better, the bricks used should be compatible with all the other Toa

The only real difference being swapping onewas tan for dark tan but this still looks nice (at least in the Stud.io render)

6 Likes

That looks way better, great job

1 Like

ooh that looks really close to the movie design! Awesome!

1 Like