Toa Nidhiki Brother of none (Fanon contest entry)

Here we have my entry for the current Toa Nidhiki fanon contest. Not as flashy or impressive as some of the other very nice entries ive seen so far but that was never my goal. Instead I wanted to find a good middle ground between Lhikans simplicity and the complexity of the winner entry of the Tuyet contest which I think I reached quite nicely with my final design.

For my design I wanted to do several things aside from the before mentioned:

-Give him tons of green: So I gave him two shades of the color dark green and sand green made a rather pleasing combination to me with how muted sand green is it seemed to fit very well into the Metru Nui aesthetic.

-Hint at his future mutated form: To that end I made sure most of the silver bits are also pieces that appear in his set, namely the bohrok shield and eyes and the metru armor. I also included both pieces that would later make up his claws into his scythe. Additionaly I decided to go with a trans-green piece for his eyes to hint at the Vahki brain piece he would later receive.

-Add something that hints at his home region: Like many others have of course noted too, Krakua is from Nidhikis old home region and so I decided to also add his iconic visorak leg armor. I do think it looks pretty good combined with Piraka legs.

What I hadnt planned to include but worked out real well by chance is weapon storage:

Having tried it out with physical pieces his scythe holds in place surprisingly well.

All in all Im very satisfied with the result I ended up with and would already be immensely happy if it would speak to at least someone out there.

15 Likes

i really like this!
somtimes simple is good and this is good! i also like the shins!

3 Likes

The visorak and piraka legs look good combined, but I’m worried that they won’t allow to straighten the legs.

3 Likes

Thank you glad to hear it.

Oh the legs are absolutely able to straighten to a full 180° angle. tested it out with physical pieces. the visorak legs’ tip just fit into into the circle holes

4 Likes