Toa Nidhiki MOC

This is my Toa Nidhiki. My goal is to keep Nidhiki and Tuyet in the similar simplicity, style, and aesthetic with Toa Lhikan. I also give an open-close function on Nidhiki’s air scythe to resembles the Nidhiki official set. I also used the “chronicler staff” part on his weapon as it was originally designed for Toa Nidhiki, which later changed to be Toa Iruini. The chest plate is quite obviously the continuation of the set. I also made the shoulder a bit wider since there are also metru knee armor on the set’s shoulder. For the mask choice, even though the dark green kualsi seems to be a great choice to resemble Nidhiki’s face, I still used the official volitak. Probably because I feel the volitak has some villain vibe in it. Anyway, hope you guys like it!

The simple open-close function.

Here’s the instruction. I used the only volitak model I can find…

Update: since I just learned that Nidhiki does not have any silver armor, I might need to redo all my toa mangai team since I gave them metallic armors to have a cohesive style… Nevertheless, this is my new color correct one. All parts can be easily get (besides 47296 the thigh/upper arm connector part in black, but can be easily replaced with 61053). Unfortunately, there’s no official dark green volitak and the studio model of volitak I found is very strange… I guess I’ll have to paint one then…

25 Likes

That sunset on the city looks incredible

Unfortunately, this moc will likely not be accepted into the conetest since Nidhiki canonically doesn’t have silver armor. Not a bad moc, though

7 Likes

The moc looks great posed against that background. The scythe looks nice.

2 Likes

@Atobe_Brick Ohoh, thank you so much for informing that! And yes I just saw the city sunset. It somehow gives me the city of metru nui nostalgic feeling.

@Rukah Thank you! I actually feel the city is kinda like the city of metru nui.

4 Likes

The city background is really beautiful and gives it a good Metru Nui vibe by proxy. Nice

4 Likes

I agree with everyone on the city backdrop. Regarding the silver armor, I wonder if it might be possible to just have that armor recolored green during the art portion.

I like the silver chest plate — it’s an obvious nod to Nidhiki’s mutated form, like his scythe.

5 Likes

@Takutanuva thank you so much!
@Keplers Thank you for your suggestions! I too like the silver chest plate, but I am using the gahlok-kal shield on the weapon so I think there are still some elements of the set.

1 Like

I regret to inform you Nidhiki canonically wears a volitak identical to Mzekas (aka Nuparus without the tube and visor) but in green.

3 Likes

@StudentScissors Ohno… Thank you for informing me! I just want to use all official parts lol. I believe the kualsi, like all hagah masks, is forged into the shape to honor past heroes so maybe iruini’s kualsi is reforged into an ancient volitak… I’ll change it accordingly. Thanks again!

2 Likes

I must say what other people say: I love the city background. I also love that scythe design!

1 Like

If you open that window, he’s gonna wind-fly down to the pavement real quick…

As Nidhikis go, this one is a little vanilla, but I do really like the scythe design. Almost looks like the Three Virtues symbol adapted into a weapon.

2 Likes

@Enbeanie Thank you so much! I tried to bring in a bit of the set elements and playability to the scythe. The city is like its still guarded by the toa mangai before they fell…

@Pakari Yes I think it is quite vanilla but it is sort of my goal since I don’t want it to be too complexed than Lhikan… But I agree that maybe I can design it more creatively with the simplicity. And yes I really hope Nidhiki go fly!

1 Like

All very good apart from the fact that he seems to have no neck

1 Like

well I mean

do any of the metru have necks

1 Like

@Monopoly Yes I think it is because the neck ball joint is built like Vakama’s not Lhikan’s so it gives sort of short neck and the head reaching forward-ish feeling. I think it adds a little “sneakiness” to Nidhiki considering his mask of stealth and later betrayal. Just my feelings.

@Cordax I know right?! The metru head neck is really short and the head is kind of sits between the shoulders.

3 Likes

almost makes me wish i lived in the city

1 Like