Toa Nidhiki or Dark Hunter "Traitor" v.1.5 (Shoulder Mods)

Thanks again for the comments! I’m currently in the middle of updating every picture to be more accurate right now as I just learned that the Greg Quote about dual color was not meaning shades of green. Here’s a preview of what’s coming either tomorrow or tonight if I’m fast enough:

Along with this I have also made back up images with Mata Green instead of silver so I won’t be disqualified if silver is not allowed:

My reasoning for the green is Aposematism, as living in the T.K.P. is basically Karzahni-lite. So the armor serves as a warning he’s dangerous. Also in Metru City it makes him look less evil than solid Dark Green.

For the Green chest version the Mata Green parts change to silver after being mutated. (Also trying out glowing eyes)

While I hope mine wins, I also can’t wait to see the other inventive and interesting designs others have.

2 Likes

A potential concern here is that the wires would make his scythe too impractical to use. Nidhiki seems to have the kind of weapon that, to wield, requires the user to continually reposition their hands along the staff, and potentially spin the weapon frequently. Having a tube weaving through the handles would probably cause his hands to get tangled in the tubes mid-battle.

Up to you (and it depends of course on how the scythe with the wires looks IRL), but it might be that the tubes on the staff are unnecessary and detrimental. If you do want to do the tubes, a more practical alternative might be to, rather than weaving it through the staff, have the tube spiral around the staff, like Vastus’ Venom Scythe; spiraling it would avoid creating “loops” that could entangle the user’s hands.

1 Like

Here’s a pic of half of the Scythe currently:

I tried to keep the wires away from the part where he holds onto and with other versions, what you said above did happen. The wires would get in the way or pull the Scythe apart so I opted for the design with a center handle. However I am testing out the Venom Scythe style and it is growing on me.

Also the new pics should be out within the hour, along with a rewritten summary that’s organized better.

3 Likes

I have updated my model with new colors to match the new information, along with other details. Tell me what you think of the new changes!

1 Like

the colors look nice, but the high quantity of parts that would need to be painted will likely turn off some voters.

1 Like

Yeah I gotta agree. With the original I made sure it only had 2 parts to paint so more people would be able to make it. I’m thinking for this one of turning the thigh armour and boots back to dark green so it’s less but I’m not sure that would solve the problem

UPDATE: I’m going to be honest, unlike every other thing that was canon about Nidhiki, this didn’t sit well with me even while I was making it. I’m reverting it back to the original because while this version may be accurate, the fact is something just doesn’t feel right with a two color Nidhiki. Along with that I somehow forgot the fact that the Mata Green parts needed to be painted while working on it. When I designed my original one, the only reason there was a piece that needed to be painted besides the mask was because of faulty Bricklink colors. But still that was only two pieces, compared to the TWELVE parts need to be painted.

As for the chest armor, I will switch it to Metru Green if I need to, but otherwise it’s silver.

3 Likes

So what’s next? Well since the contests are over, I figured I’d finish off my renders of Nidhiki then figure out if I will submit this design to any future fan contests. Here’s a teaser of what’s to come:

The first image is my attempt at a Canister version of my design, as I wanted to try my …uh , magnetic plate at making a design that would fit in to the 2005 line.
The second image still uses the gear connection, as I wanted to see how it’d look.
Till next update!

4 Likes

Oh man this is my favorite nidhiki that I’ve seen here. There’s so much detail from the literature and it’s not crazy complex.

1 Like

Thanks! I tried to keep him as close to canon, while still adding details that unexpectedly are references to canon. Apparently the legs are the same as Rhodaka’s and the arms are reversed versions of DH Spinners.
Comic_Vortixx_Roodaka
250px-Dark_Hunter_Spinner
A pretty weird coincidence

After a few brick link orders it’s finally done. Thank you so much for making this because I wouldn’t have been able to do nidhiki justice

4 Likes

Looks good!

2 Likes

That looks amazing! Finally seeing him in the plastic is super cool

You’re welcome and I’m glad you like it!

(Also something cool I though I’d mention, you can also swap in the Piraka eyestalk for easy light-up eyes, slightly less accurate to the era he would’ve been made in but it looks great in the dark)

3 Likes

I’m glad you like it. The only thing missing is the black #2 axels, but it still looks good

1 Like