Toa Nidhiki, The Arachnophobe

“Something scuttled through the shadows to his right. He jumped a little at the sight of a chute spider heading off on its night hunt. It was something he would never admit to his brother Toa, but Nidhiki had always had a morbid disgust of chute spiders, Nui Jaga, Nui Rama … really anything insectoid. Were it up to him, Metru Nui would have been purged of multilegged crawling things a long time ago.” - Birth of a Dark Hunter Birth of a Dark Hunter - BIONICLEsector01

Hi everyone! I tweaked my design for Toa Nidhiki ever so slightly for the DuckBricks Fanon Contest, and made some breakdown pictures to serve as guide, if you so happen to enjoy this take on the treacherous Toa Mangai of Air, Nidhiki.

My take does use the KhingK version of the Volitak, a link to which is right here: Kanohi Volitak, Great Mask of Stealth by KhingK - Thingiverse

This version of Toa Nidhiki takes inspiration from Toa Krakua (articulated waist, Visorak leg armor, Metru foot back), Lhikan (Metru armor, feet), Toa Tuyet (more complex design, greebles), and his monstrous form (Bohrok eyes, stockier shoulders). His Air Scythe seems to be very popular, and I am very satisfied with this build, finding it simple, yet detailed. I really strove to honor those canon tidbits given, having him boast a uniform color scheme, emerald armor being his dominant aesthetic, all based on what Greg has provided over the years (detailed here: Nidhiki - BIONICLEsector01). I hope you enjoy him, and thanks for your consideration! Best of luck to all who submitted their designs.

19 Likes

ooo i like that torso!

5 Likes

@Rhyla416 Thanks a lot! That torso went through like 10 iterations before I came up with something I liked, was stable, and wasn’t overly busy. Glad you like him!

5 Likes

I see he still got the belly

Nice moc nonetheless!

3 Likes

Yes, he do. I like it, in a way. Somewhat pointed out it looked somewhat like the girdle Samurai would wear, so that’s what I’m going to go with, lol.

2 Likes