Toa Nidhiki, The Weak (ver.Brock) (DuckBricks Fanon Entry)

Hi Everyone!

Here is my entry for the contest that will eventually come around - Toa Nidhiki!

I am excited to post my first real MOC on here, and being someone who’s never had much talent at MOCing, this was an experience for me. It took a while, but considering my not overwhelming skill, I landed on this design.

I did want to think through the design quite a bit, and I show my thinking a bit of in the next picture. I wanted to draw the attention to a couple of things first:

• The colour scheme is something I went back and forth on. I like Dark Green, but Matau is my least favourite Toa Metru because, when by itself, Metru Green becomes very boring, and almost ugly. So I wanted to create something that popped, and I didn’t want silver because Greg Farshtey saw Nidhiki as completely Green. This was as far as I could stretch the colour scheme!
  • Having landed on that, I wanted this to be able to fit in with Toa Lhikan, and so I stuck to the Metru build. Much of the rest of the inspiration can be seen in the pic below.The Stars foot piece became something I really liked, and as I mention, one can tenuously link it to the Mata Feet from Krakua, who was also from the Tren Krom peninsula, as they represent mata feet on Tahu Stars
  • I wanted to make sure that there was still a Gear function, like there is with Lhikan, so the right arm has a frictioned Gear!

Other than this, please enjoy, and when it comes to it, consider passing a vote to this newbie! I am cross-posting this, but this will act as my main post.

Comparisons:

Thanks for Looking!

21 Likes

oo cool!
i like the use of lime!

4 Likes

Ye I agree with ToaRhyla the lime does look quite good. And it certainly makes this Nidhiki unique, I don’t think I’ve seen another moc of him that uses lime as prominently as this one. Anyways the build is pretty nice and I like that it still uses the metru torso as a base. Neatly done moc

4 Likes

Thank you both! I didn’t expect to like the lime as much as I did!

4 Likes

Not a bad idea for the lime green makes it look different.

3 Likes

Love the scythe and the matching textures on the Mask and chest/feet.

3 Likes

Thanks! Love yours too!

1 Like