Toa Nui Building Contest (Discusion)

Sure. I’ll also post some of my thoughts for each MOC.

@Styrofoam
Liked the Spear/axe and the torso.

@tak210
Love the legs.

@Cordak_the_Last_Makuta
The Wing blades were the best combination. Good color and interesting design. I think it could have had longer legs so the proportions looked more natural.

@Payinku
Initial reaction: I first saw the close up of the torso and thought,Looks good. It has a good color scheme and the proportions look good. And then I clicked on it and saw the horse… What on earth.

A centaur was most definitely not what I was expecting, but you did it well. The proportions were good, and I feel you did the best with the color scheme. I think the wings could have flowed better (maybe only Tahu’s swords). Overall the look worked.

@Payinku Also, just remember you can’t get the prize until after you upload Building instructions and post a link. They can be any format but they must be publicly assessable. If you take too long I will award the prize to the second place winner. (if he can upload Building instructions.) You have two weeks.

@Garnira I know you contest is over but I’d still love to see your creation when you find a camera.

So now that the contest is over, let’s discuss how it went. I’m planning on hosting many more contests and I’m eager to see want people liked and what I could do differently.

2 Likes

I would have taken part in this contest
But I took apart all of my toa, and I also am using a majority of their parts

I knew I should’ve been weirder.

I’ve heard criticisms about how they should’ve been wider, but I guess doing both would’ve yielded the best result.

Wait there was only one judge

What???

Yes, there was only one judge. If there had been more submissions I would have opted for multiple judges.

(With only four submissions we were already in the semi-finals.)