Toa Nukan - Toa of Light (Selfmoc)

This is my Selfmoc of Nukan, Toa of Light:
Back Story: He comes from an alternate reality where instead of Takua becoming Takanuva, there was another Av-Matoran named Terono, that found a Kanohi Volitak, but it was apparently enchanted and activated his transformation into a Toa of Light named Nukan. In this reality, Takua never even found The Kanohi Avohkii, instead he continued to be a Matoran. While Nukan defeated Makuta in the same way as Takanuva did in the normal Universe. But not everything went well, a night awoken by a noise, he went and saw Makuta Terradax, as he slashed out after Makuta with his sword but as he’s eyes focused he realised that it was not Makuta, but Onua Nuva, and now he was now on the ground with an gaping wound (or whatever biomechanical robots have) in his body. This day Nukan fled, Mata Nui, he stole a boat from Ga-Koro and ran to Voya Nui, there he encountered Brutaka, and stole his Kanohi Olmak and traveled to the main bionicle universe, there he hid away from everybody on Mata Nui which at that point had been abandoned by the Matoran that had moved to Metru Nui.

Build : He torso if completely custom, and its probably the best custom torso i have made so far. Otherwise there isn’t much to say. Hope you enjoy him. This is the 6st version of him, so i put a lot of effort into him.

Please comment what you think about the Moc,

11 Likes

Story wise this guy is screaming “mary-sue”. However, it doesn’t seem to break any canon at all as it takes place in an alternate universe, so good job on that. As far as the build goes, he’s definitely got the Toa shape. Colour scheme is ok, but could definitely do with some more gold. His blade is bulky and nice, fab. You know, it’s funny, we get so many MOCs with the mask of light mask on it and then when a MOC that is actually a Toa of Light comes along, he doesn’t wear the mask of light!! I know that he found a different mask that was enchanted, but eh it’s still quite funny. Btw, he’s really gonna need that shield cause his thighs are a definite weakspot. Get some armour on those.

It’s definitely not bad, it’s got some good things going for it!

6/10

6 Likes

Thanks very much, but im not a natively english speaking person so cant you explain what this “Mary-Sue” thing is all about?

I actually tried that but it limits his articulation in the knees.

Edited for dem double posts. -Indi

2 Likes

Lengthen the thigh bones and then add armour, cos as it is they are a bit small and his legs look out of proportion. Good job though, I love white on MOCs. Cool weapons and torso though

1 Like

The thighs and upper arms need some lengthening. But I like the torso build a lot, like it’s a pseudo-Inika build (I’m a bit of a sucker for pseudo-Inika builds :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

Oh “Mary-Sue” is a term used in fan fiction and it’s basically a character that is perfect in everyway and is the center of attention (and a whole load of other things). Only reason I made reference too it is because you literally have said in the story that your MOC is the toa of light (in another universe). Just a bit OP and absurd. However, that still doesn’t ruin the MOC.

Here’s more of an explanation Who Is Mary Sue?

2 Likes

Good job, appreciate the custom torso. It looks very nice , but it does need some fixing up. The shoulders are a bit too wide, combined with the torsos very long proportions makes for a very awkward and spindly shape. I am sure all of this as well as those un-armored thighs can be easily fixed. Good luck.

1 Like

thanks, i am already done with the thighs and now hes legs are longer and more in proportion to the rest of the body, the trso is gonna be hard to fix, but ill do my best

1 Like

thats great! looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

1 Like

@RaggedClaws I have changed the story now so Nukan isnt quite a “Mary Sue” anymore, at least i think so :blush:

3 Likes

Who is Mary Sue?

1 Like

Read the first comment by @RaggedClaws and you will understand, but now it has been changed.

1 Like

Looks pretty cool!

1 Like

I feel like the head should be up a little more, it seems to be almost squished in the body

1 Like

@ToaVoriki,@AmazingDirtHunter, @Yveran, @RaggedClaws I have read your comments and created a new version, Its up in the Main Post, The Thighs have been redone and the torso is now more beefy and more natural.

1 Like

Woah!! what an improvement!! That’s really really good mate :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

3 times better, much better proportions and doesn’t look awkward at all anymore.

Great job :thumbsup:

1 Like

Cheers mate! Thanks

1 Like

Nice, much better. This fixed all of my previous problems with this MOC :grinning:

1 Like