Toa of Plasma

This build is my interpretation of a Toa of Plasma. Given the Jovan model pulls from three Inika sets, I decided to use the others: Jaller, Kongu, and Matoro for this one.

I don’t have deconstruction photos for this one, sorry.
As far as features go, the two swords rotate on a pin, and can be used as rotating plasma cutters on the shields. The Zamor launcher does fold onto the back, and extra spheres stored in the left hand. The legs are restricted in the knees; they are essentially locked straight, but still articulate at the hips. The only other con would be the green breaking the traditional red/white of plasma Toa (should have used red leg parts for the arms), but it’s mostly out of the way, with the core colours more on the central body column.

I find myself enjoying the challenge of combination models, while this is not my finest MOC, there is more and better to come soon.

14 Likes

He isn’t running out of Zamor spheres any time soon
I like him, he captures the vibe of the '06 combo models quite nicely.

4 Likes

Wow. That is probably the largest gun I have ever seen.

2 Likes

what if the the combiner for all of them was just a circle of zamor sphere mags

3 Likes

Now THIS is a combo model

3 Likes

You have found the infinite ammo glitch.

2 Likes

Hmmm, for the most part it works but there are a couple of spots that seem a little out of place.
The socket joints on the back for example look out of place.

I do like how you attached and stabilized the zamor launcher though.

3 Likes

first thing I thought of upon seeing him

3 Likes

This is a nice idea, but I think there’s a bit too much going on, both colour-wise and build-wise. Toa of Plasma are white and orange, so the green and blue stand out too much. All the tacked-on armour and weapons, as well, make the whole build feel a bit too busy.

All that being said, though, this is still a really good concept, and there’s still a ton of potential for a solid Toa of Plasma combiner for these three sets.

(I also really like the extended Zamor Launcher; a very nice use of the parts, and I would definitely keep that if you ever make any changes to the build)

5 Likes