Toa Orde concept

For Bionicle day part 2, I sketched my made concept for Toa Orde, the father of psionics.
Since Helryx was the first toa in general, I wanted to make Orde similar in that vien but being male was a core feature of his character so I went and inverted the body proportions of Helryx so that they contrast with each other.
Mask is the proposed mask of psychometry made by @Perp3tual which is used as the mask of limited invulnerability for Orde. The mask was chosen was it also contrasted with the mask of psychometry by pointing downwards. I did not think about the exo-force arms so the connection here is definitely illegal. Share your thoughts if you can.

14 Likes

Oh he short

I love it.

3 Likes

Thanks, his neck is long though which is intentional because Helryx has a hunchback.

1 Like

ooh, I love that mask

1 Like

I’m glad you like but you should be complimenting Perp instead. Here’s the ref sheet they made during the Helryx contest.

5 Likes

For some reason he reminds me of a frog

I guess it’s the mouth and feet. It would be a good motif since frogs can change gender during the tadpole stage which reflects the great beings modifying the ce-matoran after Orde’s face off with the zyglak.

4 Likes

this looks nice!
love the mask.

he could just have strange proportions
and still be 500 feet tall

2 Likes

True but he is supposed to be a little taller than Helryx which was the basics for his design

I went back to sketch to recreate a silhouette I drew for him in stud.io. And here’s the results.

*Cue the merit badge theme from Psychonauts

Here’s the front and back. I know there’s a lot of issues in terms of posability, and gapping but it’s good that I laid my ideas across.

4 Likes