Toa Orde, The Prototype Toa

“I was the first Psionics Toa, and one of the first Toa ever created. But I was, let’s say, a little too … aggressive in using my powers. I had a temper then. A short fuse plus psionics leads to bad things … sometimes very bad things.”
— Toa Orde, The Yesterday Quest

“Orde was created by the Great Beings as one of the first Toa, never a Matoran, and was the first Toa of Psionics in existence. His first assignment was to use his mental powers on the savage Zyglak and make them calmer. However, due to his temper, he ended up using his powers to make them even angrier. All subsequent Matoran and Toa of Psionics were later made female due to the incident, as the Great Beings believed females were more gentle than males.”

One of the first Toa created and the first and last male Toa of his element. Strong and aggressive. With that in mind, I made him look like an unfinished robot, like C3PO in Star Wars I: no bodywork and all the wires exposed.

All of his design focuses on this characteristic of a prototype. His mace I wanted to maintain a harmonic appearance with the set and I thought about giving him a mace that had telekinetic properties, allowing a better link between his powers and the energy of his weapon, allowing him to get it to float.

}

concepts and inspirations
About this Toa, he is described as one of the first Toa and the first and last male Toa of Psionics because of the disaster he caused on his mission with the Zyglaks.

Considering the concept of a prototype, I took inspiration from the appearance of C3PO from Episode 1 of Star Wars: without any casing and with all the wires and mechanisms exposed. So, I focused on giving my Orde the appearance of an unfinished prototype with everything exposed.

Furthermore, I designed him in such a way that every part of him harmoniously matched his appearance. The front and back parts of his forearms and legs are initially identical. I also used the same set of pieces to provide protection for his knees, elbows, and shoulders, which also coincide with the pieces on his chest. His mace also has a similar appearance to the rest of the set.

Finally, I took some photos of him depicting an encounter with a Zyglak, showcasing the combination of his Psionics powers along with his telekinetic mace. I aimed to make it look brutal, I hope you like it :grin:.

26 Likes

I definitely like the choice of mask, and the mace build looks really nice as well. In general, the greebly bits are done well and give the whole build a nice consistent colour scheme.

6 Likes

I like this. He has a nice mechanical look to him, and the mace is excellent!

3 Likes

Wow. Very intricate

4 Likes