Toa Orde, the Psionic Man

Bit early for Orde’s canonization contest, but here’s my (mostly finished) rendition of Toa Orde from Bionicle’s unifinished serial The Yesterday Quest.

Since he’s described as one of the first Toa ever created by the Great Beings, I opted for a Throwbots/Technic-centric look. I took some inspirations from both Helryx’s and Krakua’s designs and added my own touches to him.

I hope y’all like him :slight_smile:

64 Likes

For some reason I feel like people are making a lot of yesterday quest toa right now. Nice job for solely using metallic gold though.

7 Likes

Neat model, it’s an interesting style you’ve got going on. Love the color combos.

dude chill with the passive aggressiveness

5 Likes

It was a joke but removed it either way because I don’t want to get a ban over something like that.

Its a good moc however I’m not sure about the technic c3po gold but overall I like it

Oh, I saw this on Reddit a few days ago. (I don’t have an account but I sometimes browse through r/bioniclelego)

You did a good job of making him look ancient, while not making him look like Helryx/Krakua too much. I like the color scheme as well, and overall he looks quite good! What does he look like from behind?

4 Likes

This better be in the Orde contest!

3 Likes

I’d vote this

2 Likes

I love that you have used existing flat gold colours! The technic panels create quite a nice look! Sadly Bionicle Chicken’s Orde has been my favourite representation for a while so it will be hard choosing between this and any entries similar to BC’s.

5 Likes

I love this! It’s amazing! Great job my dude!

2 Likes

Still got some placeholders that I need to replace (mainly on the battle skirt attachments). Aimed for an exposed battery look on his upper torso to give off a proto-Toa vibe.

8 Likes

Funny enough, I based my Orde’s color scheme around BC’s Orde (with a few liberties). Only reason I didn’t put a Sanok (yet) was because none of the contest-available 3D-printable Sanok masks matched nicely with my Orde’s proto-Toa aesthetic.

You know it :wink:

6 Likes

I love this. The shoulders and wrist guards? give him a unique silhouette. Plus, I’m a sucker for a technic skirt. :wink:
It’s nice to see someone else using a slizer head for a torso too.
Best of luck when the contest eventually comes around.

4 Likes

I think it works great with a kakama. Nice to see an Orde without a sanok although if you want I can definitely make a sanok for this if you want

EDIT: I remember that I actually did do a sanok design and it looked pretty good on your moc so I went back and did recolors. I just need to make adjustments and it’s set.

3 Likes

any relation to “makootie the bionic man” per chance?

2 Likes

Very nice build, love the combination of the blue and gold, I like the old slizer-y aesthetic as well.

1 Like

No new photoshoots for now, but I think I found a worthy replacement :eyes:

9 Likes

The Sanok defintely works better than the Kakama; I think the Kakama was maybe a little small for this larger build, and the squareish shape of the Sanok fits Orde better (plus I want Orde to have a Sanok in general).

This whole build is really good; I like the use of the rarer gold and the limited number of parts that came in it, and the general colour distribution is well-done.

Overall he looks really powerful; I could easily see this as Orde, and can see myself voting for it.

I also have a few questions.

First, do you plan on giving him a heartlight? I can see you’ve changed something in his chest from the first pictures to include a stud connection.

Also, would it be possible to get a picture next to an Inika build? I’m curious to see how he compares to Gelu.

4 Likes

Thought about it, but I don’t have plans for a heartlight (and trans-pink pieces have inconsistent coloring). The center was just modified so it isn’t caved into the rest of his chest (you could see it from previous pics).

As for Gelu

8 Likes

prob gonna vote for this, looks really cool but not too over the top. another kanohii perhaps?