Toa Orde (ToaGoodGuy edition, for Canon Contests)

I got my laptop fixed about two weeks ago, and after having been starved of the ability to digitally moc for months, I went to town on studio. I went on a building spree and made all sorts of wack creatures like my Swarm. However, I had the sudden urge to build a canon character who doesn’t have a canon appearance yet. So I scrolled through TTV, looking around and seeing which character was popular at the moment, and then I stumbled upon @Bukkey’s Toa Orde moc and I thought “I gotta build this guy.” So here we are. Behold Orde, ToaGoodGuy edition.

Now I don’t have many renders of this guy yet but I will post more eventually. As you can tell my Orde is heavily inspired by Bukkeys, but I didn’t want to make a carbon copy of his because then I would feel like a piece of garbage for plagiarizing. So while I used techniques and pieces his used, I tried to change it up and make it my own. Currently the only thing this moc does very similar to Bukkey’s are the lower legs and the mask choice. When designing this I tried to improve upon areas I thought needed improvement on his design. So I tried to make Orde a little more bulk and make his upper body (especially the arms) less skeletal. I also wished that his had less system and more actual Bionicle pieces so while mine is less greebly and complex, I feel like I did a good job getting the aesthetic I was going for. The goal here was to make him look like a cross between the Mata and Metru since its always been my head canon that he was developed by the GB’s as an attempt to improve on the Toa Mata’s design, eventually leading to the Metru. That’s why (especially from the back) his torso looks like a hybrid between both builds.

Now I don’t know if you guys knew this but I LOVE the Protoss Zealots from Starcraft 2. Their whole design and fighting style is cool to me and I love their wrist blades. Now originally I was going to make Orde a Psionic Amp like the ones from XCOM 2, a device to focus his psionic energy and project into specialized attacks and weapons. However the Amp ended up being too big for him and I decided to make him a Psionic Blade like those dudes from XCOM 2 (don’t remember their names but they were the cultist guys from War of the Chosen with psionic powers.) Now Orde has what looks like a wrist mounted stick that he can focus his power into to project a solid pair of blades. They aren’t lasers or anything, he is merely turning his mind into solid matter and weaponizing it. I thought it would be a neat take on the element of Psionics without restricting it solely to mind powers. He has a little clip on his butt to hold his Psionic Blade when its holstered. When deactivated the pink blades disappear and it becomes little more than a stick. I’m still trying to decide if he should have two blades so if you think so let me know.

And if you read through that boring text wall then congrats, glad you liked the ToaGoodGuy edition of Toa Orde!

25 Likes

nice moc.
I like the weapon, and the body.

Thanks! What do you think about the color scheme? Should I switch to Mata blue to brighten it up a little?

1 Like

Maybe, but I personally like the dark blue/metallic gold combo better, the darker blue works with the more muted gold.

1 Like

Oww I love it. The colour scheme is on point, the custom Mata hands are a joy the legs are a super unique design and I love the adition of the pipes on the torso.
You really can see the Starcraft inspiration as well.

1 Like

Glad you like it! Eventually I’m going to do a rear view render so you can see the pipes better, honestly I like the back assembly better than the chest assembly.