Toa Rupahu (Puia, Roto & Werawera)

The Toa Rupahu, a toa team of two for my setting, which I thought would be pretty interesting. There were six members of the toa Rupahu but only these two awoke on the island. Due to the both of them awakening with no memories, they will forever be none the wiser.

Rupahu is the name of the island they are on. It is also a maori word that means liar/fake, although that has more to do with the island itself than the toa.

First lets look at the toa of stone, Puia! He is a marital artist/grappler and follows Pohatu mata in not having a weapon. He is outgoing and friendly but also competitive and narcissistic. He will get angry if his ego is threatened.

His color scheme is inspired by the stone visorak Roporak. His name, Puia means volcano in maori.

This Image is here to show off the neck joint I use in my toa and tohunga. It’s a lego flex pipe piece! it has the range and flexibility to articulate his head.

Be carful with using this on the tohunga (matoran) as the thick pipe piece can break the pin axel (as I found out the heard way). thankfully, a thin version of the flex pipe exists so I would recement using that one instead. The thick pipe is fine to use on toa.

Next up is the toa of water, Roto! She is a shield wielding toa, who choses to observe and tire out her opponents before striking. She is confident and coolheaded but also aloof and stand offish. She is confident in her abilities, causing her to be unreceptive to the idea that she cant handle any problem by herself. She and Puia tend to focus on who’s better than who, causing them to not work well when together.

When she awoke on the island of Rapuha, she felt as though something was missing. She later came to remember that she once held a sword, although try as she might, no sword she wielded ever felt right.

Her design is based off that of a knight and I like to think that her mask gives her an angry or focused glare. Her name, Roto is a maori word for lake. So you could say that she is the lady of the lake?

Her slizer shoulder joint allows her to lock her shield arm in front of her, to protect her mask.

She has a shield buckle so that she can attach her shield to her hip.

Bonus toa, Werawera! One of the four missing toa. A cocky and overconfident show off, if he was around he would of definetly gotten on Roto’s nerves.

The teams toa of fire, Werawera is capabile of making flames so hot they turn blue! The design for this toa came about from having an orange and blue sword that I wanted to use. His name, Werawera is a maori word that means heat/hot.

A nice team picture with Werawera, as if he were here.

12 Likes

nice colors on all 3 - i especially like the red and brown on puia, and of course the Roto’s teal is very nice

5 Likes

These are all amazing characters! The colors are especially great, as they aren’t restricted to the usual choices.

3 Likes

these all look pretty nice! Werawera’s colors are a really nice combo I havent seen much before, though that bit sticking out of his chest is really odd

4 Likes

@wild_toa I got the chest idea from the armoured core games. They tend to have mechs that have things extend out of the chest and I replicated that on Werawera. I like to think of it as a vent.

3 Likes

Oh, the boxing gloves are really nice, that’s brilliantly simple.

5 Likes