Toa Tehutti Nuva

Yes in this case bigger is better as the original needed a slight upgrade.
still kept the original with minor modifications, I just had another Tehutti mask lying around so why not. the whole moc started with the simple concept of using Pakari masks on select armor.

seismic protosteel lightstone mace

tectonic mace

10 Likes

very chonky

1 Like

This man looks B R U T A L. A very unusual build, kind of like the exo-toa with its very technic-heavy build. I hope you’re planning to do more builds like this :slight_smile:

1 Like

inhales here we go again.

I’ll start off with the aspects of this build I like. The “frame” he has on his back with the blades and weird balljoint pin things is a cool design. The torso is the best section, with the Krana sticking out, the dark tan accents, and a natural looking, if exaggerated, torso shape only broken up by those system plates. The right hand claw/weapon design with the trans green just looks cool.

The primary issue with this entire build is that a lot of the parts don’t need to be there. Tends to happen with the “custom == better” mentality. The worst offender is that there’s a lot of technic pieces in the legs, mainly the beams, that contradict the armor shaping. There’s also the absolute mishmash of parts in the arms (does he even have elbows), which, while it doesn’t take me out of the illusion that this is a character and not a toy (which the legs do), still doesn’t appear to belong to a Toa or any “sufficiently advanced” robotic character., the way the torso (mostly) does. Beyond that, the dark tan accents in the torso barely make an appearance on any of the limbs, leading to a dull color scheme of black, gray, and silver. I also think the use of pain studs as eyes is a bit goofy, but that’s a minor gripe.

7 Likes

I would second what @Hawkflight says, sorry if it’s harsh but it’s true-all your builds seem to suffer from this, too much detail plus stubby proportions, both can be fine if used wisely but both are in excess here. Once a build gets a certain size a mask no longer looks right and here it looks too small plus I just don’t think the eyes work. Also the shoulders drop down way to far to where the arms begin.

Once again sorry if this is harsh, hopefully you can get something out of what I’ve said.

Edit: wow I didn’t even notice them on the shoulders, this is kinda what I’m talking about, all these things get lost with so much stuff sitting on top.

4 Likes

googly eyez

4 Likes

yes I plan to make his whole team as in the great disk matoran as toa nuva. But I will to try implement these tips I got

1 Like