Toa Tuyet (Canon Contest)

With Greg getting laid off, I decided to put up my entry to the Toa Tuyet Canon Contest while I still can.

Anyways, I wanted to try and keep the build as simple as can be, so I kept it around metru-level complexity, but with a few twists. I’ve heard the Jawblade-head shoulder pads were a popular armor option for her, so I not only added that, but I also decided to expand on it and give her a full on shark motif.

The third and fourth photos show how I have altered the metru gearbox to add more friction to the gear function. I’ve yet to test it in real life, but all it is is just replacing the 5.5 axle with a 3 long axle and a pair of studs to connect with the chest covering. I also added a knob on the back to act as a better grip. I’ve done this for my Metru Toa revamps, Toa Hagah revamps, and basically every single Toa Mangai I built. I’ll put those up later.

9 Likes

Oh, almost forgot: if you choose to build this in real life, I highly recommend putting on the axle connector after setting up the gear box and the chest cover because you will need to attach the studs to the axle and then push the axle back until the studs connect to the chest cover.

1 Like

very nice
It looks a bit messy in some areas, but altogether it looks cool.

1 Like

Interesting :thinking: I’ve seen that friction mod before.

Anyhow the moc is really nice maybe nothing I would have voted on but I like it.

2 Likes

well apparently all future canon contests, including Tuyet is cancelled, so the staff will might as well lock up all canon contest entries since the contests are no longer happening

1 Like

very nice

1 Like

Shark shoulders? Now that i like!

1 Like