Toa Tuyet moc

The MOC looks great, but the torso is too tall, an with standard inika legs it has awkward proportions. My recommendation to enter the contest is to reduce the size of the upper torso, maybe by getting rid of the elephant in the room (nuva boobs) and placing the arms and neck closer to the pistons you could make her more believable in universe, which is in the end the most important criteria according to most voters, me included. Don’t get me wrong, I like the torso design but I feel like it would fit better in Lariska than in Tuyet, as there is no size limit with her. I know there’s a Greg post saying she is toa sized but then again there’s a more recent post that says her size relative to a toa is unknown, and besides a toa sized figure wouldn’t look as the most feared Dark Hunter between dudes the size of Eliminator, Lurker or Conjurer, not to mention Spinner and Minion.

3 Likes

i like this one quite a bite, although the ears/horn thingies are perplexing
also nuve bewbs

I very much like this one myself as well. I particularly like the 4 and 5 pictures color scheme. I like the samurai esk feel the head design gives off.
My critics are the Sword needs some work imo it just doesnt say barb sword to me, needs to be wider. The lower arms feel a little bare given the details in the torso, chest and legs, and if you keep the sliver I would maybe consider swapping the blue visorak legs on the lower legs to silver.

1 Like

This is actually a good idea
just swap out / photoshop / spray-paint a few parts for teal and give it the breez helmet or somthin and it would be a pretty good lariska

3 Likes

Wow, this actually looks awesome. The stance and sword are definitely intimidating while also being Toa-like. My favorite part is the chain at the hip joints–quite clever and it fills the gap excellently. The torso is a fantastic build, especially the lower portion around the waist joint… I’d dearly like to be able to build something like that myself one of these days. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have no problem with the chest other than it is a bit bland in terms of detail, and Tuyet as a character might benefit from spikier armor or some other thing there in my imagination of her. Probably a good idea to tone it down from your original ideas to encourage the sleek look of the build.

1 Like

Yo, nice bro! I’m especially impressed with how you created the articulate pistons in her abs. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

what

11 Likes

Thanks. And yeah I agree the sword needs work. And yeah I would rather the amour be metru blue however might have to go with sliver as there are just certain sliver pieces I can’t swap out. And I just leave them it sticks out.

@MooCowsRock Thanks and yeah maybe worth considering toning it down a bit
To whom it may concern sorry for double posting. I just don’t know how to respond to multiple people at the same time.I

@StudentScissors I was referring to my helyrex moc I made.

EDITED FOR TRIPLE POST - Spiderus Prime

You can @ them, as such:

@Bodi

Alternately, if you want to specify what part of people’s posts you are replying to, you can use the Quote feature. Simply highlight the text you want to quote, and a “Quote” button will pop up:

This will automatically “reply” to them as if you had @'d them or hit the Reply button.

5 Likes

It’s a good MOC, but I don’t know if this will be allowed for the contest. There’s a new rule that prohibits sexual expression.
Even expression like roodaka is not allowed.

Well that’s ridiculous

1 Like

Nothing in Bionicle is sexually dimorphic and there aren’t any Vortixx or Vortixx-lookalikes on the list, so… we’re not losing anything.

6 Likes

When they say sexualized mocs they refer to those mocs with oversized boobs and butts made only to joke around. Giving a female moc female like proportions isn’t sexualizing a character, just look at the movie’s versions of Gali and Nokama, which have different proportions than the male Toa and aren’t sexualized at all.

4 Likes

whether or not it’s against the rules, I think using nuva boobs is an easy way to shoot yourself in the foot. The technique is not well liked in the Bionicle community these days, so I doubt any entry that uses them will go far.

And since I’m here, the rest of the MOC:

Not sure why she’s titan sized. I get building toa at larger scales, but in the case of characters like Tuyet who have team members most would want to display them with (Lhikan) it seems like a bad choice for a canon model.

Proportionally I think her Legs are a little too short for how long her torso is, and in regards to the colour scheme both silver and mata blue feel a bit haphazard in their placement. (particularly the silver, which feels very out of place on her crotch)

4 Likes

First of all I agree the sliver is a bit out of place along side the metru and mata blue. However it’s a result of using what I have at hand. Second she is not titan sized actually the same size as a toa inika. I do agree it should be the say size as a metru build and have tried to keep the height down to that but that’s just how the build ended up. If I tried to shorten it it would just look weird. I don’t agree with the legs being long but maybe iam wrong. And lastly I knew it wouldn’t be a popular moc for the contest but honestly I didn’t care I made what I thought was good. I see no problem with female characters looking like female characters. Other wise we might as well make all the male characters not have broad shoulders and narrow waists and instead make them all look like stick men or something.

Can we get a size comparison? I’m ok with Tuyet being Inika sized but there’s no way that torso is Inika sized. An inika sized torso is 9 or 10 studs tall, yours appears to be around 14. That’s one head with mask taller than a Toa Inika. Maybe to compensate you could shorten the arms by using a 5L arm connector.

PD: I love the sword design, it’s perfect as it is to me.

1 Like

Looks pretty sick! I really like silver Tuyet!

Exactly, I don’t think I see specific individual boob plates here, thick butts added, or thick thighs that many people like to add when making a perverted Bionicle in name of “making it more Miramax like”
The main way the add stereotypical feminine traits is making them slightly smaller frames with wider pelvis’s and body language, not giving them voluptuous features. Gets really old hearing that excuse

10 Likes

In the interest of keeping this relevant, @Bodi never gave that excuse. He never mentioned Miramax at all. No need to harp on it, then.

@others, I feel like the point has been made and there’s probably no need to go on discussing general gender dimorphism (or lack thereof) in BIONICLE on a topic for a specific MOC.

4 Likes

Yeah ok she is a little bit taller than the toa inika. But not by much and nothing a swapping out of legs won’t fix.

@Takutanuva I never intended to make a perverted bionicle moc just simply making what i thought fit the character. Plus as much as people want to forget (for some reason I don’t know why she’s a pretty cool character ) rodaka was a thing. And if you just want to demise rodaka then all I can say is well art is art and I can’t help but be inspired by things of beauty in this world. And like it or not bionicle is a product of our world.

4 Likes