Toa Tuyet

I originally made this moc for the contest but it’s looking like it wont qualify so I figured I might as well post it!

More pictures on Flickr and Insta

59 Likes

Great looking MOC! Also why wouldn’t it qualify? There are no rules set for the Tuyet contest yet if I’m not mistaken.

5 Likes

Thank you! It’s just me suspecting they’ll follow the Hagah model and require a metru build which this is not. I’m not too worried about it either way, it’s become pretty clear that these contests are for fans of the lore and not builders which is fine but just not my jam.

3 Likes

Great moc I think I heard they are going to still allow custom builds just as long as it is close to the metru build. That being said I do still wish there was more freedom.

2 Likes

Cheers! Yeah who knows, I could be surprised. In any case it seems that most people voting just want a blue toa lhikan with the KhingK mask to add their shelf so I don’t have high hopes either way haha :joy:

Like I said, nothing wrong with it, just not my jam.

5 Likes

Yeah I here you. At least when all the toa contests are over we can make some cool titan mocs and be able to go all out. Me personally I am looking forward to the gold skinned being.

3 Likes

Not personally a massive fan of the extra mata blue, but it does look nice. My one gripe is that the armoring on the limbs is switched between legs and arms. It’s slightly jarring for me, but nothing too major. Overall this is very nice, a lot better than what I have so far.

2 Likes

Hmm I mean I know there’s this unstated rule you’re only allowed to use two colours on a bionicle moc but I kinda though we were past that these days…

For the black parts, I was modelling this off of a roman soldier where their forearms and thighs are unarmored. So black is the base layer of the moc with Dk blue armour on top and then Blue and silver on top of that.

Would love to hear some reasoning behind the crit rather then “I don’t like it” lol. Maybe I’m missing something

1 Like

Never heard of that rule lol. It’s nothing to do with having too many colors, it just conflicts with my own image of Tuyet, which gives her darker colors to portray her personality/character. As I said, that’s my personal depiction of her, and the MOC still looks great, just not a great Tuyet MOC, for me.

Makes sense. I also imagine Tuyet as being pretty militaristic, although the lower limbs don’t look a whole lot like greaves, probably because the base piece is blue, instead of the limb being black with blue/silver armor.

Just a random guy’s opinion though, these are all really minor issues in the grand scheme. Still a wonderful MOC either way.

1 Like

Cool, thanks for the explanation!

1 Like

They won’t. There are absolutely no canon restrictions on Tuyet’s appearance other than “Toa”. This will absolutely qualify.

Where did you hear this?

As for the MOC itself, it’s really good. The shaping is really good, and the brick-built Kanohi is excellent. The shoulders look really good, with the krana-holders matching the shape of the Metru shoulders.

My only real complaint is that the gunmetal on the shins seems somewhat out of place, being the only gunmetal on the build. (Plus I’m not a fan of when Toa have random non-Elemental metallic colours, but even Lego themselves did that.)

4 Likes

The Toa Hagah contest is the only contest we have any obligation to mandate a Metru build for. So far as we are aware, this applies to no other Toa.

This MOC is phenomenal, but you are certainly welcome to do with it whatever you would prefer! Thank you for sharing it regardless.

16 Likes

I forget actually but it might have been just people talking.

Very clean! Love the limb designs, they’re very solid looking and well proportioned.

1 Like

I urge you to disregard all preconceived notions and community biases that Tuyet should look like Lhikan; Tuyet should look like Tuyet, and not just "Lhikan’s teammate." That is what your unique design relays.

She’s imposing and sleek, and though her textures are not perfect, they are coherent and clean. Your vision of Tuyet looks fantastic as it is, buddy ((: Cheers to your creativity outside of the Metru Gearbox!

2 Likes

Is tuyret the next contest?

Yeah she is. The contest may begin next month but there’s nothing concrete

1 Like

Yessir, this is a dope moc, I’d definitely love to see it in the polls; my favorite detail is the wings on her shins, and the point bits all over her body in general; it has a very coherent design language! It’s rad, bro.

1 Like

Ayyy, I see you’ve entered into Duck’s fanon contest! Excellent bro, I always loved this moc! (I still love the winglets on the shins). Anyhow, I’ll see you there!