Transcripts of Eljay's Review Skits

I’m honestly curious about where @Eljay got the idea for that one. Was that just what “The BIONICLE Song” sounded like to him (as it does to me, now that I’ve watched his review :stuck_out_tongue: ), or was it a running joke within the community?

Regardless, that’s probably one of my favorite opening skits, since now I can never listen to that song without hearing :musical_note: Oh and Fancy Loin Cloth :musical_note:.

4 Likes

that’s a lot of skits

2 Likes

my friend

you are a legend

2 Likes

man I can’t believe how long this must’ve taken

1 Like

Yeah…it did take a while. I remember there were some skits where I found it hard to understand what Eljay was saying, so what’s written here represents my best guess. But at least I stuck to it and transcribed every skit.

1 Like

Yeah good job :clap:

1 Like

Since there have been some reviews from Eljay since I last added to this topic, here are transcripts of the skits from those reviews:

Another Random Review-Creative Mechanics’ Bionicle Merch

Eljay: Oh hey, welcome. You don’t need to worry about the mask, the state lifted the restriction, so you can go ahead and take it off.

[Eljay is shown wearing a Miru-style face mask over his golden Miru]

Rebooted Reviews (even though it was just an April Fool’s joke)

Cole

Eljay: Yeah! Whipmas is here! Time to check the Whipmas stocking! [holds up his stocking and starts rooting through it] Gosh, I hope I got something cool! [finds something at the bottom of the stocking] Oh no, oh no! [pulls out a bunch of Cole minifigures] I got a lump of coal!

Eljay’s Reviews

Every Set From Bionicle (2001-2016)

Eljay: [standing before a sunrise] It’s done. Everything has been reviewed. I finally rest and watch the sun rise on an ungrateful universe.

[a phone notification rings; Eljay curiously checks it and finds a text from BIONICLEfan2006 that reads “you forgot nuparu;” in response, Eljay growls and throws the phone up into space, where Levahk-Kal is still floating]

And I imagine there’ll be another skit when Eljay reviews the miniature brick-built Tahu. :wink:

2 Likes

Wait a minute I just realized you didn’t do the skit for the Slizer combo model video

2 Likes

Huh. I’ll have to get on that.

2 Likes

soon?

2 Likes

Now.

Slizers/Throwbots Combo Models

[a map of the United States is shown]

Eljay: Presenting, from the creators of Hiker Mike, [holds up Hiker Mike] Hitchhiker Mike! Now with serial killer knife!

Lego 90 Years Of Play Tahu

[a title card reading “December 2021” is shown]

Eljay: I’ve been your host, Erik D. “Eljay” Johnsen. See you all next time. Farewell. Fantastic day. [turns and leaves]

[a title card reading “May 2022” is shown]

[Eljay is shown drinking from a glass of apple juice when a businessman walks in]

Businessman: Eljay Johnsen. I see retirement’s treating you…well.

Eljay: Eljay Johnsen, huh? Nobody’s called me that in…about five months [puts down glass] What do you want?

Businessman: I understand you’re out of the game, but they want you back. You have to do one more review.

Eljay: It’s never just one more review with you people. There’s always another with you.

Businessman: All I’m asking is for you to give it some thought. Take your time [puts a box on the table] And get a haircut. [leaves]

Eljay: [opens the box] Okay, what-

Bionicle Nestle Promo Sets From 2006

[the editing of the 90 Years Of Play review is shown on a computer]

90 Years Of Play Review Eljay: Once again, thank you so much for watching. I have been your reviewer host Eljay, and I will see you all another time. Farewell.

Eljay: Phew. Done! Gosh dang, that took way longer than it should’ve. Alright, well, that’s it. Bionicle’s finished. Reviewed everything I need to. We’re done. I’m really hungry. I’ll get something to eat.

[Eljay starts looking through his cupboard]

Eljay: …get some cereal real quick…alright, let’s see what I’ve got. Hmhm, hmhm-[stops at a box of Nesquik cereal] Oh. That’s odd. I didn’t know that was in here. Hm. Should be fine. [takes the cereal box]

[cut to Eljay sitting down on a couch]

Eljay: Ah, after a long day of editing and reviewing, it’s time for a delicious and nutritious bowl of cereal. [cracks knuckles] Lets’ dig in!

[Eljay tips over the cereal box, only to see the 2006 promotional Bionicle figures fall out]

Eljay: No. No. [shakes the box in horror] NO!

BIONICLE Tahu And Takua 40581

[Eljay sits up, stretches, and takes off his Miru]

Eljay: [voiceover] Ah, what a beautiful day. The sun is shining, the air is fresh, and I never have to review a Bionicle set again!

[Eljay is shown looking at a wall of his previous reviews]

Eljay: [voiceover] Look at them. They’re beautiful. Time to go get the mail from outside and start the day!

[Eljay comes out the front door and breathes in the fresh air; dramatic music plays as he looks down, sees the boxed Lego Tahu And Takua set at his feet, and gasps; cut to a shot of Earth from space]

Eljay: NNNNOOOO!!!

[cut to Eljay holding the fully built Tahu And Takua set]

Eljay: [sniffling] Start the intro!

10 Year Anniversary Special

[the 2001 and 90 Years Of Play Tahu are shown swordfighting]

2001 Tahu: You might think you can beat me, because you’re new, because you’re limited edition, because you’re commemorative! [grunts] But as long as my gears turn, you will never replace me!

[the 90 Years Of Play Tahu makes a squeaking noise]

3 Likes

Yes.

2 Likes