Transformer New Horizons: Rebirth of The Tyrant. RP Sign up and discussion

Blast it, missed the whole thing. Oh well. Is there anyplace to hide or something during the fight? I need to explain Juliana’s absence.

1 Like

Angel was trying to make a tunnel before the fight took off. It’ll be perfect for your purposes.

I suppose for those curious, or didn’t look it up prior, the thing attached to Timberjack’s extra appendage/tail is something like this:

3 Likes

I think it’s safe to say Angel was probably still trying to dig a tunnel while the battle happened…mainly to explain why he didn’t participate.

1 Like

Is… there enough room for 2 people in that tunnel? and how did he not notice.

Wait, why did he wince?
Darksting’s drainer goes into his leg, not the stinger. The stinger is Darksting’s sword.
His legs combine into the tail.

1 Like

Oooh. I thought the stinger tail was the drainer. Then again I also assumed the tail just hung over the back like every other scorpion transformer, so I guess you could blame this on my lack of imagination and not reading the character description thoroughly enough.

I’ll edit accordingly.

1 Like

I really didn’t like this
so that’s why I changed it.
also the drainer is separate from the sword.

1 Like

Right. So how does the whole design go again? Just so I can have a clearer mental image.

1 Like

wall of text incoming
Ok, so his legs combine together to form the tail, and the drainer is right under the stinger blade in scorpion mode. The drainer is located in his right leg. There is a slot in his left leg where he puts his sword, which is the blade of the stinger.
The drainer takes a few seconds to get going.
His arms are basically the claws of the scorpion, so that’s pretty easy to picture. Darksting’s gauntlets basically transform into claws.
The legs are part of his torso in robot mode, like some kind of weird ribcage thing, so they fold out in scorpion mode.
Whew.

2 Likes

Very cool. Though does that mean he doesn’t have normal hands? Or does he have real hands that are just inside the claws?

1 Like

The real hands are inside the claws in scorpion mode, they only show when in robot mode with the gauntlets.

Got it.

1 Like

That sounds like a pretty cool character design.

1 Like

He has tan and yellow armor too.
I’d like to draw him but my art skills are not at that level

2 Likes

You know this whole last bit perfectly encapsulates why I love RPs so much as a medium of story telling. Because you can never perfectly predict what the players will do. Yeah you can have a plan and plenty of mandatory events that will happen no matter what. But you have no idea what the players will do with all that.

I never planned for Dropkick to be left behind and interrogated, and I’m absolutely loving how this has been going. The players have just as big a role in writing this story as the GM does, and its so much fun.

3 Likes

Thanks! You can tell I did some work on him. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

School’s starting up for me tomorrow; so I’m gonna be a lot less active from now on.

2 Likes

Good to know. I’ll keep this in mind going forward.

So, what exactly is Dropkick’s condition? I know he’s still kicking but is anything missing? I know he lost an arm in the fight but I’m not sure if it was reattached.

1 Like