Transformers: Dawn of a New Age Signups and Discussion Topic (Sign-Ups Open)

I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

1 Like

Decided to go ahead and write out that fighter idea and see what people think. I don’t have plans to enter them in the game right now and unlikely to do so later. But a backup plan if things go south is always nice. Please let me know if this is would be acceptable or what tweaks would be needed for it to work.

Yield and Scram

Name: Yield and Scram

Homeworld: Bellator

Subtype: Micromaster Combiner

Appearance: Somewhat unusual for bots of their type, Yield and Scram are nearly identical twins. Both are primarily a dark army green, with their artillery truck cabs as part of their chests, their V-shaped bent clamp things hanging over their shoulders like the appendages on the Iron Spider suit, front wheels as part of the forearms, and the back half of the bed making the legs with wheels at the bottom. Only Yield’s body and hidden limbs are yellow while Scram’s are blue. Yield’s head has a more old army helmet look and aviator glasses styled eyes and no faceplate. Meanwhile, Scram has a newer army helmet look, a large, single eye stripe/pane, sort of like a hazmat suit or wielding mask, and a faceplate that has an intercom speaker appearance.

Alt-mode: Both are the primary movers/custom artillery tractors built for the M65 atomic cannon. Like those tractors, they are a dark army green and are often found lugging around their combiner transport, the Atom-Fracker Cannon. Despite being the exact same vehicle, the two can still combine together to form a longer artillery tractor and have their clamps become a weapon.

Weapons: Yield and Scram only have a single weapon each, a standard issued assault rifle. While in their vehicle modes, but not combined, these rifles and merge with their clamps to become a rotating piece of anti-personnel artillery. When they’re combined, the combination of clamps and rifles increases their rate of fire and power, making it a rotating anti-craft artillery gun. However, these weapons are out of use and stored on their back while transporting the Atom-Fracker Cannon.

Atom-Fracker Cannon

Name: Atom-Fracker Cannon

Description: A mix between the actual cannon portion of the M65 atomic cannon and the Cannon Transport, it is a heavy artillery piece and platform that must be lugged around by Yield and Scram. While dark green like them, it also has a health amount of purple.

Occupancy: Despite the deceptive name of transport for these vehicle types, it carries no-one. It requires at least two Micromasters, or beings of similar size, to operate the cannon sufficiently. While it is possible to arm and fire the weapon with a skeleton crew of one, this is not recommended.

Weapons: This only has one weapon, the cannon of its namesake. It fires powerful warheads that can vaporize the average Transformer in a single strike. However, this blast must be done at a distance of a half a mile to ensure safety of the cannon and operators. Closer distances may not catch the cannon in explosive force but could render firing components inoperable. As it has no other weapons, operators will be forced to defend the platform if attacked.

Equipment: Carries a total of five warheads. General defensive cover to protect operators. Unlike traditional transports, all the design went into making the cannon powerful and it lacks the alternate vehicle forms.

Equipment: Extra ammo, minor repair items, materials to shut down their cannon if necessary.

Abilities/powers: Unusual for Micromaster Combiners, neither requires the other for their vehicle mode to be functional. However, they are slower and noticeable less powerful when separated. Otherwise, they are surprisingly strong for their size and can move heavy large objects like their cannon. Both are artillerists and trained in various forms of boxing.

Bio: Despite their small size, Field and Scram warriors of Bellator and seek to prove their birthright of such. Even if that involves a bit of cheating with a massive cannon. Having lived in service since creation, they await the day they’re ever needed. Field, the lead of this duo, is very proactive and constantly tries to get them into position of the next possible threat. Scram is worried that Field just really wants to fire their cannon, but Field is always one for a strong show of force. After all, what is the point of their weapon if it isn’t at the ready and warning foes to bugger off? Scram would rather bring it after the fighting starts to catch their enemies off-guard and force them to flee, breaking their spirits.

Name: Well’s Warmth

Description: Basically a carrying case coffin shaped vessel. Relatively small and stout, heavy armor, mostly black with various military insignias.

Occupancy: Skeleton crew of one, the ship can hold about three average sized Transformers and four small ones. Plus a combiner transport, such as the Atom-Fracker Cannon.

Weapons: Two basic plasma cannons in the ship’s front. Something to shoot at enemy fighters if flying into an active warzone while deploying transports.

Equipment: Can deploy the Atom-Fracker Cannon and crew to the planet, even from orbit. A simple autopilot to flee back into safe space or join friendly fleets after deploying units. Random spare parts for maintenance and repairs.

1 Like

The Atom-Fracker Cannon is too powerful for this setting, I’m afraid.

4 Likes

which makes me wonder - I never specified Conjoint’s anti-air gun’s capabilities. What can I expect the yield from that to be?

Also, I had an idea regarding Conjoint’s alcohol tolerance - given that he’s five different people’s remains, would it make sense for his body to get horribly drunk and his mind remain unaffected?

Were he to dump copious amounts into his system, I mean.

As a hypothetical situation.

Theoretically.

Maybe.

1 Like

Seeing as how Conjoint needs to steady himself to have a chance at hitting his target and not get knocked over, I’ll say it can be decently destructive. A successful shot could temporarily incapacitate a larger foe (maybe even disable some weapons systems on a particularly lucky hit), or seriously injure smaller/weaker enemies. It’ll depend on what Conjoint’ll be fighting, honestly. Case-by-case stuff.

That’s for you to decide.

1 Like

That’s what I was figuring, but just checking to properly gage. So just a large basic plasma cannon would probably do it if needed.

2 Likes

That would probably be good.

I hope my small metagame of Maccadan is acceptable given the context.

1 Like

It’s small, so I’ll let it slide this time, but I did explicitly say in the game’s rules that players can only control their own characters and their possessions. Please don’t do it again.

2 Likes

Really sorry about my inactivity of the last two days - having a birthday and then Mother’s Day back-to-back has been wildly taxing on my time. But I expect to be much better starting today!

4 Likes

No need to apologize my dude- birthdays and Mother’s Days are loads more important than RP.

2 Likes

I can edit the post if you prefer.

1 Like

If you don’t mind, I’d like that.

2 Likes

Edited.

2 Likes

evilevilevilevilevilevilevilevilevilevilevilevilevilevilevile

5 Likes

Nah ghostman’s just chillin’.

4 Likes

oooh spooky

3 Likes

evil spelled backwards is live

1 Like

“evil” with the “e” moved to the end is “vile”

And now you don’t know where “evil” ends and “vile” begins! Hahahahaha!

1 Like

evile

4 Likes