Transformers: Dawn of a New Age Signups and Discussion Topic (Sign-Ups Open)

Conjoint is good to go! I love the concept.

Some transformers in this universe do have rocky component parts, actually. One of the NPCs on Spirabilis is one such being.

And Rock Lords exist too, I guess.

4 Likes

no I meant to enter in the game, though I will admit I’ll take some inspiration from them.

ok here we go:

Name: Stonefist

Homeworld: Cybertron?

Appearance: Stonefist has gray armor, which is mostly composed of his rocky outer shell, though there are some metal parts as well. He also has bright yellow eyes and is stocky in build. The stone parts of his alt mode hang off him sort of like a shell.

Alt mode: A big rock. Roughly spherical, though not so much so that he draws unnecessary attention to himself. To transform, he basically curls into a ball and his outer shell curves around his limbs to completely cover his body. Yup he’s a shellformer.

Weapons: As Stonefist primarily prefers hand-to-hand fighting, he only carries one long-ranged weapon; that being his hand laser, which is just your average laser blaster, nothing special. His real weapons are his fists, and he can deliver devastating punches and hits, which are reinforced by his hard outer shell. His shell is extremely durable, as one would expect from a rock, so at close combat he is quite proficient, though he isn’t very agile.

Equipment: The rocky Transformer’s equipment mainly consist of a few medical implements, though he’s no combat doctor. He also has sonar devices installed in his outer shell which allow him to “see” in boulder form. The shell also contains devices which allow him to hover in his alternate mode.

Abilities/Powers: Stonefist prefers to fight up close, as his rocky fists deliver quite devastating punches and hits. He likes to wear down opponents with these hits, and isn’t particularly agile either, as he is quite heavy. His rocky outer shell is also extremely durable and he uses this to his advantage in a fight.

Personality: Stonefist is about as charismatic as a rock. While solid and dependable in a fight, he is grumpy, blunt, and irritated most of the time. He never hesitates to share his opinion on things when asked, and has a habit of complaining loudly about things he doesn’t like. That said, he is very loyal to those he sees as worth his loyalty and would never betray his allies. He also has a fondness for young Transformers, such as Aralysa.

Bio: Stonefist is a bit uninformed of current galactic situations, as he has spent most of his life in his alt mode in stasis lock on Cybertron after a climactic battle. This only adds to his grumpiness and confusion as he doesn’t know where his friends went, however he is eager to prove himself to this new group.

7 Likes

Stonefist looks good! I look forward to seeing him in action.

2 Likes

…wait really

How soon do you expect the RP itself to be up?

1 Like

Probably in about a week / week-and-a-half. I wanna give adequate time for people to sign up, and I’m also kinda busy with college work right now.

Darn personal responsibilities, keeping me from pretending to be a giant robot! How dare they!

4 Likes

how specific do you want me to get with weaponry
i can get as specific as you need

3 Likes

Give me a reasonably-detailed description of what the weapon does, and how destructive you expect it to be. We’re not working with actual stats/numbers, but describe for me what effects the weapon would have on its targets.

“My character carries a plasma rifle that melts armor” is a sufficient description, for example, though you can embellish a bit more if you want to.

4 Likes

awesome, sounds good

2 Likes

I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

I would join, but I really don’t know anything about transformers outside of a few of the characters. I will watch from a distance

He’s literally been living under a rock

3 Likes

reee i accidentally deleted it
alright i hope this is alright. The backstory is kinda rough, so lemme know if there are any parts that need to be tweaked or fiddled with. it’ll hopefully fill in with the RP too.

Name: XM-333

Homeworld: Avalon Prime

Subtype (Optional): Multi-changer

Appearance: XM-333 has olive green armor, with the silver metal showing around joints and edges. They have a bulky frame, clearly designed to take a beating while also dealing one. Parts of their alt modes are visible, such as the A-10 engines on the back, and the M1 Abrams turret forming the chestplate.

Alt-mode(s): XM-333 has three alt modes: An A-10 Warthog aircraft, an M1 Abrams tank, and an M3A3 Bradley light tank.

Weapons: XM-333 mounts their vehicle weapons onto their forearms to use in robot mode, but they can only use two at a time, one on each arm. The Abrams wields a 105mm cannon. The Bradley has a 25mm autocannon and ATGM launchers. The A-10 has a 30mm gatling gun.

The 105mm and 25mm both fire APFSDS rounds, which have high penetration against flat and sloped armor, but they don’t explode as much as other rounds. The ATGMs are guided missiles, which can explode above enemies, causing damage from above without needing to hit them. The 30mm gatling just shoots fast.

Equipment: In A-10 form, XM-333 has several hardpoints that can be used to carry various items. XM-333 themselves doesn’t carry any additional armament, but they can.

Abilities/powers: XM-333 cannot change their alt modes by scanning another vehicle. However, both the M1 Abrams and the M3A3 Bradley can carry humans, with the M3A3 Bradley having been designed for that purpose. Also, as mentioned before, the A-10 can mount different weapons, as long as XM-333 has access to them.

Bio: XM-333 was created by the humans on Avalon Prime, as an experiment to try and mimic a Cybertronian. After several previous attempts (XM-111 and -222), the humans figured out a design that worked, and XM-333 was born. Ultimately, they were bred for combat and combat alone, and XM-333’s behavior often reflects that. While having some amount of free will, XM-333 has had limited experience with true Cybertronians, and what experience they’ve had, has been negative. Most Cybertronians regard XM-333 as a strange, unfamiliar experiment which the humans had no business in conducting.

5 Likes

If there is anything you’d like to know, please feel free to ask me. I’d do my best to answer your questions.

XM-333 looks good. I’ll add them to the roster.

2 Likes

Name: Machina X

Homeworld: NA

Subtype: Powerlinx

Appearance: Machina is a slender and somewhat shorter bot, standing at 18’ tall. She stands just a little bit shorter than Bumblebee (bay version)

She has a monoeye and has a glossy rose-gold color scheme with brilliant blue highlights. She has five crown-like horns protruding from her forehead, with two mandible-like horns protruding from the sides of her jaw.

She has smooth round pauldrons with a clockwork-like right arm, her left arm resembles that of a techno-organic’s, however both arms keep to the rose-gold and blue highlight color scheme.

Her chest resembles that of a glass dome, of some sort of clockwork air-vehicle. Extending from her back are four insect-like wings, similar to that of a butterfly. A dark gunmetal matte grey armor covers her abdomen and shoulder area. The armor is inlaid with floral-like patterns, with a blue rose on the left shoulder.

Her legs follow a more standard cybertronian design, both the other’s mirror in design. They have gunmetal shin and knee sections, covered in more floral designs, and accented with the brilliant blue highlights. Her feet have gunmetal brims and high heels.

Machina X transforms into an aerial-type vehicle, with four wings, spanning out from it. It is roughly shaped like an animal of the avian kind, although it has a glass domed head. The vehicle is sleek in design and is a bit longer than what Machina stands tall, as its length is twice that of her height. The design of the vehicle has an overall clockwork design with many floral details, and on the port side, near a clock-like device is a gunmetal armored section with a blue rose.

Altmode: An aerial-type vehicle of avian design, made with clockwork mechanics, and floral inlays, the craft has four butter-fly wings. The craft, or rather airship has a lower section, which is Machina’s ion blaster. (It’s the same ion blaster detailed in Weapon:)

(Art by Ben Walsh)
Ben Walsh

Weapon: Machina has a specially designed ion blaster that has the ability to transform into a cane. The blaster itself is made of a dark copper-like material and rose-gold-like plating. The blue highlights of energon surge through the blaster, near several lightports on it.

Equipment: An empty archive-slate, with any trace of data seemingly corrupted.

Ability:

Quickly quoting the relavent posts on Machina’s teleportation ability.

Bio: Not much is known about Machina’s past, She only remembers waking on Cybertron during the ceremony of the new prime. The first thing she awoke to the roar of the predacons and the bellowing of a crown. The Matrix of Leadership had chosen the new prime, Axis Prime. Ever since the new prime’s coronation, Machina has been wandering the city streets aimlessly, searching her mind for answers.

@Chromeharpoon in the original draft of this character sheet, I had given Machina the rather ‘interesting’ ability to disapear and reappear as if time was a film that was cut and taped together for her. (thus making the in-universe disappearance and reappearance a harsh and sudden scene change as to her it would be instantaneous.) I’ve removed that in this character sheet since I don’t know how I feel about it, frankly speaking. I know my original intention for the ability was to be a fun little ‘in-character’ explanation for my probable disappearances(inactivity) from the RP and to being back and having sudden spurts of activity. In a roundabout way, just wanted your feedback on that before adding it back into the character.

edit: added quotes describing Machina’s teleportation ability.

6 Likes

Technically he was living as the rock. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m cool with characters having teleportation abilities, but let’s discuss it more. It seems to me that you want this to be a power Machina can’t fully control, but is she able to use it in battle at all? With some limitations, that would actually be kinda cool.

2 Likes

been a while

3 Likes

If she could control it, it’d be like controlling your emotions. To her, she doesn’t know how it operates, only that it’s happened before. For limitations, I’d think it would only by moving forwards in time. In the past incarnation of the ability, it was literally just an IC representation of my inactivty then coming back to a completely different scene lol.

To make it into a more writeable ability, I’d say it’s a survival instinct based on fight or flight. Flight it activates, fight it can’t activate. This also acts as a limit, since the character can’t really control thier instincts (and thus this means you can say no to my using it by essentially saying that her instinct is telling her to fight or whatnot.) Otherwise, I’d prolly lean back to the prior incarnation of it for if I am inactive long enough to have that sudden scene change.

2 Likes

I’m not really comfortable telling people what their characters should be feeling (unless there’s mind-control shenanigans going on or something like that), so I’d leave the whole fight-or-flight part to you. I’m sure this is a given, but I’d also like the teleportation power to work only over relatively-short distances- at least when in battle. In the more narrative-focused parts of the game, I’m cool with it having more loosely-defined restrictions.

Maybe the stress of combat causes her power to become somewhat more “focused”, as an in-story explanation for this?

2 Likes

that works for me. The only reason I mentioned what I mentioned is in case you specifically wanted a match-up/fight to happen with her.

2 Likes

I’m not specifically looking to target Machina or anything (or any other PC, for that matter); I just wanted to flesh out this power more. If everything’s in order, I’ll add her to the roster now.

2 Likes