Transformers: Dawn of a New Age Signups and Discussion Topic (Sign-Ups Open)

There is precedent to this: in IDW Lost Light, this was used to talk with Ultra Magnus when he had a bunch of little nano-drones attacking his mouth.

2 Likes

Makes sense. They’re robotic, so they probably have at least some radio comms.

2 Likes

I am, unfortunately, unmanaged.

Yup, I’ll say cybertronians can do the same thing in this universe, too. But since these are spirits of the Thirteen, they won’t be able to respond in the same way.

3 Likes

Oh yeah…ghosts. Whoops. Well, Firestorm is gonna feel silly.

1 Like

Don’t worry, they’ll be quiet

This sounds like the Smithsonian in Washington DC. Some things you shouldn’t photograph, but people still do it.

3 Likes

When those two guards heard the PCs say things like “Prime business” and saw y’all acting all serious and secretive, they figured that y’all might not want pictures of yourselves and your ship leaking all over the interstellar datanet.

It hasn’t stopped some people, unfortunately.

2 Likes

Well, good thing we’ll have a tank coming along.

3 Likes

Every party needs a tank.

1 Like

Remember kids, leave graffiti in ultra magnus

2 Likes

Given that function, would that qualify as telepathy of some form?

1 Like

I’m not sure. Cybertronians might equate it to telepathy, but all in all it’s just another method of telecommunication. True telepathy in this universe is something more “mystical” or extrasensory, and it can affect both organic and cybernetic beings. Onyx Prime’s Triptych Mask is telepathic, for example.

1 Like

I think the difference here would be like verbal communication vs sign language. Both are perfectly usable ways to communicate information, just using different senses. Hearing vs sight respectively. So it makes sense that a race of machines would be able to non-verbally communicate over radio waves. It’s just another form of communication.

4 Likes

I’m a little under the weather right now and don’t have much energy to make posts. Thank you all for your patience.

6 Likes

I hope you’ll be feeling better soon.

3 Likes

I will be able to resume posting tomorrow.

1 Like

2 Likes

I feel a little bad about only being able to make one post every couple of days like I’ve been doing for the past couple of months, but I don’t think that’s gonna be changing any time soon. Classwork takes priority of course, and I’m also gonna be dealing with some personal stuff over the next few months. I’m still passionate about this RP and will continue to GM for y’all, if you’re interested, but life’s a little in my way right now.

4 Likes

Don’t worry man. I understand. You gotta take care of yourself. As far as I’m concerned you’re all good.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m still 110 posts behind… Don’t be too hard on yourself…

3 Likes