Transformers: Dawn of a New Age Signups and Discussion Topic (Sign-Ups Open)

You know, maybe slowing down like I have isn’t such a bad thing, when you look at it from another perspective…

4 Likes

Anyone else still here?

1 Like

I’m still around, of course, but I’m also unfortunately busy right now. I’ll probably be able to post a reply tomorrow.

3 Likes

Ah, good. I assume some of the others are still here, right?

1 Like

Well, I’m still here, but I still haven’t found the time to read through 120 some replies.

3 Likes

Is there anything I could be doing to help catch you up, in the meantime?

2 Likes

No, not really. I’d really have to read it all in order to make a good and informed reply post.

4 Likes

This sentence cracked me up! You have quite a way with words, @Chromeharpoon !

2 Likes

@DuneToa just a heads up, if you’re trying to reach out or get the attention of someone else’s character, it would be a good idea to @ the player so they don’t risk missing it.

2 Likes

Question: what does conjux mean? I googled it and all I found was it being a verb tense in Latin.

1 Like

Conjux is a term introduced in the IDW comics I believe. It’s essentially the cybertronian equivalent of husband/wife.

2 Likes

I got the term from the IDW comics. Conjux Endura is a term equivalent to a spouse in cybertronian culture, and Amica Endura refers to a close friend.

3 Likes

Ok. I see now. That seems to be made from a combination of Spanish and Latin. Interesting.

3 Likes

Yeah, there’s other terminology in the comics that’s also derived from Latin and the other romance languages. The name for the metal that makes up cybertronian bodies is Sentio Metallico, which apparently translates to “I feel metallic” in Latin.

2 Likes

Hey, sorry for the delay. I’m in a bit of writers block and Not sure where to go. If you like @DuneToa, you can just ask Salvage (an NPC)

1 Like

Would it help if I re-wrote Salvage’s reply to Ivory somehow?

I mean, it may, but as it stands it’s just pointless, idle conversation as I have no aim or idea of where to go with it.

1 Like

I get that. I threw in that bit about the Orion Technoarchy to try to present a potential new lead to look into, but I may not have been clear enough on that. There are datanet terminals on the Pulsar that Ivory can use to look into any information on quintessons (like recent sightings or anything like that), the Technoarchy, or any other possible leads, but if you don’t think Ivory has any reason to do that, I understand. Nothing else has really been happening on the Pulsar, and Ivory doesn’t yet know what the other PCs have learned from Sentinel’s ghost. Now that @DuneToa’s characters are back on the ship, though, this could be an opportunity for Ivory to get caught up and get the investigative wheels turning again, so to speak.

The way I see it, y’all have a couple options right now as to where to go and what to do. I’ve been trying to communicate them to y’all, but if I haven’t been doing so clearly, I apologize. So if I haven’t, here’s what I figure:

-Getting to Lacuna is the next “big step”, now that Sentinel’s ghost has told y’all about it. The encrypted data on his journal has been unlocked, and it contains coordinates to the planet and also some scant information about it. Sentinel also said that the ancient cybertronians left defenses around Lacuna, so if there’s anything y’all can think to do to prepare for that, I’ll play along with it. There’s also the matter of that human insignia that popped up on the journal’s screen when it was brought close to Sentinel’s grave.

-Currently, a Follower of the Primes Ascendant and a human woman are loitering around the Pulsar. The Follower was being accosted by one of the Knights in the Tomb earlier, and the human woman appears to be taking notes on y’all.

-Rukah’s characters expressed interest in recovering the black box from the mercenaries’ dropship, when he last posted. The box, and more, may very well have survived the crash intact.

-Dune’s characters have the right idea in touching base with the humans: seeing if they can help y’all somehow, or just making sure they don’t get in your way, would be good. A visit to Avalon Prime or Earth may be in order soon. Taking the mercenaries into custody is also probably for the best.

-BlackBelt’s characters also had the right idea to ask the ghosts of the other Primes for some pointers about the quintessons or any other potential threats. I hope I was able to provide something useful from that. Anything else y’all can think to do to prepare for trouble, I’ll play along with.

-Recruiting Liege Maximo may be useful, if Axis is still keen on paying him a visit and dragging him out of his hut on Astrum. Salvage also suggested that y’all might wanna get a ship that can better perform in a fight, if you’re ever accosted again.

These are some of the options I’ve been trying to communicate to y’all, or things that you’re already doing that I want y’all to know will help you out later on down the line. How you engage with any of this is up to you, and if there’s anything else you can think of that you wanna do, I’ll try to be accommodating. There are two whole planets that were built to be giant libraries, if anybody feels like hitting the books, and the Prime Colonies have weapons stored on them that y’all could possibly convince their stewards to let you get your hands on. I’ll try to be more obvious about this stuff going forward, if that’s what I need to do.

4 Likes

Thanks, and thanks for the compliments on my characters. I hope to be of assistance to anyone else in this great adventure!

3 Likes

Axis banging on the door
“Liege, get your aft out here! This is your call to adventure! You can’t run from it!”

A muffled voice shouts from the other side
“Leave me alone! You can’t make me!”

I also plan on doing robot stuff on Astrum with Niko and Nova after Liege is recruited.

And I’m also thinking about taking Maximus and Honeycomb to Eukaris. Mostly to give them something fun to do. Maximus doing important ambassador stuff, and Honeycomb catching up with old friends.

2 Likes