Transformers: Dawn of a New Age

Vector Sigma resides deep beneath Kaon, separate from the city’s subsurface transit system. The hallway eventually opens out into a vast spherical cavern, with Kitai and other visitors standing on a ring-shaped platform. Small light fixtures wrap around the ring, dimly illuminating the space. Between these fixtures are several terminals, some inert, but a few of them occupied.

In the center of the room, hovering above a deep pit, is a holographic blue-and-white sphere, its surface burning like a miniature sun. A pair of rings wrap around the orb, slowly spinning around it and each other.

“Good morning, visitor,” a calm and pleasant-sounding voice says in greeting. The sphere’s light pulses as Vector Sigma speaks. “I am Vector Sigma, the sum-total of cybertronian knowledge and culture. How may I be of service to you today?”

2 Likes

“No I can, it’s just uhh…”

Conjoint looked between Overclock and Tokamak.

“…Inconvenient for fast travel.”

1 Like

“I think it’s insulting. ‘Cold’ construction,” Roaster said, putting on an irritated emphasis. “I get it, they call it cold because the bodies were created away from the Hot Spot but it’s so wrong! Don’t they have any idea how–Hrm!”

Roaster lets out a frustrated breath and asks Aralysa to reattach some of the redone limbs. After another moment, she continues, “Alright, I’m going to explain this from the top before I shout it from mountain tops.”

With a slow cycling of her optics, she collects herself, and speaks. This time, her tone is closer to that of a Sunday School kid, repeating the verses they’ve recited many times over. Confident and familiar, almost younger sounding when calling upon these old words with her eyes closed.

“Primus, seeing it ill-fitting for him and his champions to be alone, gave up his form to create us, his children. With aid of the planet, he forged new bodies and split his own spark to give us life. But when Primus called upon the moon, it was too weak. As best it tried, the moon had not the strength to forge the bodies. So Primus called upon his children, through their sparks, to lend their hands and tools so that their brethren could receive his gifts of life.”

Roaster eyes open and she resumes working on another part. Her tone shifts, keeping calm but losing the confident peace from before.

"That is not cold, that’s warm. Hotter even! Everyone else pulls themselves out of a well, maybe greeted and aided by guards and angels. But us? Primus used one of us to work out our forms, has his trace physically there. No need to see the Allspark, you can just meet the one he used to make you! Primus, represented in physical form, right there!

But no! It’s ‘cold!’ It’s ‘dangerous’ to tell them that Primus used you to build them! Only lunatics and Dr. Frankensteins would take credit for given them life. We only build the body, we can’t build the spark. The heavens and hells know how many butchers have tried."

“What, can’t be bothered to walk a bit further? The station isn’t that far away.” Tokamak teased.

4 Likes

“Walking is for peasants.” Conjoint rolled his eyes, playing along. I sincerely hope she decides to just accept both this and my weird color combo for the time being, hopefully forever, I really never should’ve come here

“I prefer to travel in style.” His eyes grinned mischievously as his feet revealed their wheels once more, and he traveled in a small circle. “So which direction is it? C’mon, don’t leave me hanging here, I get sick if I’m still for too long.”

You know that’s a complete and utter lie.

Yes, but wacky quirks make me believable, don’t they? If they don’t, now’s my chance to learn.

3 Likes

…Your legs are still drunk, aren’t they? Is that it?

“Pretty sure they’d describe us both as tacky. But it couldn’t hurt, hop on. We’ll be there shortly.” Tokamak responds.

3 Likes

“I wouldn’t want to appear crazy alone, mind you.” Conjoint grinned as he awkwardly climbed on Tokamak’s car form and fumbled for a hand hold.

How fast was he going?” Conjoint loudly whispered towards Overclock.

2 Likes

Very,” Overclock tells Conjoint. “Let’s hope that arm of yours is as strong as it looks.”

2 Likes

Once both passengers are on, Tokamak counts down to three and rockets off. Though he is slower this time, since he’s dealing with heavier traffic. He comes to a stop in front of the police station.

2 Likes

“And if it is, I’m sure the authorities will deal with it, right?” While she plays the question off with a note of worry, she doesn’t really care; if she could help more, she would help more, whatever the cops had to say about it.

1 Like

Oh right. Conjoint looked at his new left arm, examining the palm. He hadn’t really considered it before in full just how much bulkier it was than his prior-

-and now he wouldn’t have to worry about that.

Conjoint was left flailing around with one hand still holding onto his transportation and the other trying desperately to find a hold again. As Tokamak comes to a halt, the lighter Overclock likely held her position fairly well, but the heavy Conjoint went flying off the top and into the wall of the building with a satisfying CRUNCH.

Satisfying for everyone except Conjoint, anyway, as he had fallen off the wall almost immediately and landed on his noggin.

2 Likes

Tokamak would wait for Overclock to get off first before transforming and coming to help Conjoint up.

“Sorry about that! I thought for sure I had it set so I wouldn’t launch my passengers. You’re a harder variable to account for than I thought.”

2 Likes

“Where?”
XM-333 folded their arms, walking in front of the combiner and turning around to face him.

1 Like

Axis walked around to find Ivory, though almost stepped on his human form by accident. She noticed him just before she put her foot down. Looking down, she pulled took a step back, looking terribly embarrassed.
“My greatest apologies. I didn’t see you there.”

2 Likes

“I get that a lot.” Conjoint groaned, pulling himself up off the streets of Iacon. “I’ve also gotten a really good taste of Iacon’s roadways as of recent. Really, I must compare it to the roadways of other planets some time.”

Conjoint felt his head over to ensure he still had one. “One of these days I’m going to give my my flawless face a dent. I can’t repair that so easily as other parts.”

2 Likes

“No problem ma’am, it wouldn’t be the first time.” He said, chuckling to himself. “You are the Prime I take it?”

1 Like

“Indeed I am. Is there anything I can help you with?”
Axis asked.

2 Likes

“Yes ma’am, my name is Ivory and i’m currently investigating the assault on the library and have some questions for you, if you’re willing to take a moment for me.”

1 Like

“Yes. Of course.”
The Prime replied.
“I was actually told there was an investigator looking for me. Though with the description I was given, I imagined you would be… taller.”

1 Like

“Yes yes it probably won’t be.” Stonefist replied in a disinterested tone. “I’m still here if you need me.”

Aralysa stood and listened to all of Roaster’s rant, taking in all her concerns, complaints, and comments. It was quite the experience, and the oven-bot was clearly quite compassionate on the subject, and Aralysa decided to voice this thought.
“You’re very passionate on this, aren’t you?”

“Ah yes, my suit. Apolgies, I prefer to conduct interviews face-to face. I hope you understand.”

1 Like