Transformers: Dawn of a New Age

Roaster gives a snap of her fingers as she says, “Right! You were asking how I learned that.”

Her mouth opened to continue speaking but stopped midway, hanging ajar for half a second and then closing.

Forced studio clapping. Camera swoops over the artificial crowd before focusing on Roaster sitting in a chair next to a Junkion behind a fancy desk.

“And we’re back! Welcome, welcome!” The host declares, garnering more claps from the crowd and some from Roaster.

“This time on Ladies’ Night I have a very special guest. You know her, you love her, you wish you could eat her too, it’s my good friend Roaster!”

“Thank you Treasure, it’s always a treat to be here!” Roaster chimed in as the clapping died down.

“It sure is girl! Been too long, too long! We should meet up more often!” Treasure lifts up her drink and takes a big swig of the latte. “Might ruin my figure if you keep making these, they’re delicious! Which leads me to my first question of the night. How did you, a Hecate wizard, learn to make this?”

“That is quite the question Treasure. How did the wizkid of Hecate do this? Well–”

“That is quite the question. How did the wizk-” Roaster grimaced and then continued. “I, learn all this…”

She grabbed what remained of her mixes and started working on a new concoction. Headbite wasn’t going to be happy when she woke up, but maybe a little cake would sooth things over. As she works on this new dessert, Roaster tries working out an explanation.

“The ministry approved my research project to study Junkions. And while I was there I…I don’t know, I guess got caught up into things? They probably thought I was some chef because of my alt mode. I read through so many trashy human magazines and books. You think cooking their food is hard? Try converting it all to a Cybertronian equivalent. It took forever for me to figure out a prime roast.”

3 Likes

“I don’t mean to pry, but why exactly did you want to study Junkions?” Aralysa replied, listening and digesting Roaster’s reply.

“Yes, I figured as much,” Watchdog says apologetically. “I tried to tell them that I’d already spoken with you, but they were insistent. You can leave, if you want to.”

Watchdog retrieves a datapad and begins to record our heroes’ testimonies, writing down anything he believes could be important. However, when Low-Tide speaks, he narrows his eyes and looks up from the pad.

“I’m sorry, who are you?” he asks the massive Eukarian. “Why are you here?”

3 Likes

Kitai froze. His mind flashed to the thousands of screaming faces he saw every night. Was this just another to add? Oh gods…

2 Likes

“Are you alright?” Vector Sigma asks him. “Is this… difficult, for you to look at, visitor?”

Meanwhile, Beta Maxx and his guard retrieve the journal of Sentinel Prime, log out of their console, and depart. Their terminal shuts off and folds back into the wall.

1 Like

“Oh, my apologies bro. My name is Low-Tide. I saw all you guys moving along earlier, and I thought ‘Hey, they look like they know where they’re goin. Why not tag along?’ and now I’m here.”
Low-Tide explained.

“Good. We haven’t a moment to waste.”
Axis turned back to the Basilica and went to find her personal transport.

OOC: I’d imagine Axis would have a personal transport right? Being Prime and all. A small flyer, private train, something like that. Though if you want I could write up a profile for a personal craft myself. @Chromeharpoon

3 Likes

Roaster looked at Aralysa confused, as though the answer was obvious.

“Because they’re a paradox. Shifters, multi-components, combiners; they all have their oddities and design challenges but…Junkions shouldn’t work, they defy convention.”

“Well since I’m here, might as well hear what the others think.” Tokamak says.

He sits back upright and pulls out the parts to resume working on his drones. Motormouth pops out and helps in this endeavor.

3 Likes

Kitai’s mind receded into his subconscious once more, the screams, agony, and bloodied faces greeting him once more.
He saw himself fighting the mechs, the pilots screaming as the life seeped from within. He saw the quintessons, their augments gleaming.
One of them spoke. “You will be our finest work.”
Kitai noticed something. He was inside something. He screamed, begged to be let out. But there was no answer. Then the scene changed once more. It was a blank area, with nothing but fog. Then, out of it, came himself. His double simply looked at him, out a finger to the side of his head, and pushed. And out came, a small chip. His double handed to him, and then he woke up. And what he saw in his hand, was a bloodstained chip.

2 Likes

“That’s… very interesting,” Watchdog comments, doing his best to suppress a look of bewilderment.

“However, if you truly have met this predacon before, do you think there’s anything else you could tell us? Did he have the same weapons he used in the attack when you met him, for instance?”

“Visitor,” says Vector Sigma from the console, “are you alright? Should I be concerned that you’ve just removed an object from your head? I can contact emergency services, if you require them.”

2 Likes

“I-I’m fine.” Kitai aid. “Vector Sigma, what kind of data chips do you take?”

1 Like

“Nah man. Missiles, buzzsaws, you don’t see fancy stuff like that back home. I think I might have seen him carrying a big axe around, but nothin like this.”
Low-Tide said.
“Predacons like this dude favor their teeth and claws. Maybe a blade or a club if they got one. But I’ve never seen a pred use stuff like this before.”

1 Like

“I can reconfigure myself to be compatible with almost any device,” Vector Sigma says, still concerned for Kitai’s health. “But are you sure you don’t want me to contact anyone?”

“Thank you,” Watchdog says. “Obviously, he’s since developed an interest in more sophisticated weaponry.”

1 Like

“Yes. I’m fine.”

1 Like

Stonefist then shrugs.
“Guess I’ll just relay events then.” Raising his deep voice, the gray-armored robot continued.
“Well, when we were at the Hall of Records, we heard a beeping sound, which later turned out - in quite the fiery way - to be a bomb. After the explosion cleared, a large blue guy - I think he was Loader - and a smaller red bot shouted for everyone to get down. Then, the human woman and a green transformer came out and the green guy had the case with the journal in it. There were a couple of other bots there too, but as you could probably tell I wasn’t having any of this hostage business, and so I shouted up at the scrap-heads what this was all about. The small red guy decided he had the nerve to shoot at me, and even though he hit my leg that wouldn’t have stopped me for long. So I transformed into my alternate mode and tried to flatten Reddy. Unfortunately, he dodged and I hit a fern stand instead. Not one to give up easily, I then started rumbling towards the green guy, who also dodged. He shot a burst of plasma at me, and that was a bit more effective than Red’s bullets.” Stonefist then stops his recall and points to a spot on his shell near his left shoulder, where a piece of armor is very clearly missing. Then the rocky transformer continued. “I’ve got to get that fixed sometime. Anyways I transformed back into robot mode and introduced my fist to his face. He fell pretty quickly after that and I was about to do some more introducing when someone lobbed a flash grenade into the fray. It incapacitated pretty much all of the terrorists, but it got me as well! To protect myself, I transformed back into boulder mode and scanned the area. After moving out of the way, recovering, and transforming, I discovered that Greenie was trying to attack Aralysa. I wasn’t having that so I went back into my alternate mode and rolled towards him. This time, I manage to flatten the annoying bot, and then we swipe the case. After a round of unsuccessful questioning, I grab the green crook with the intent of hauling him to the police. However, we are then unceremoniously interrupted by a yellow transformer wielding an energy blade who came out of the gunship. Not the best choice for him, because after throwing the dazed Greenie at him he gets hit by a bunch of bullets shot presumably by another rebel. This gives me and Aralysa just the opening we need, and my Hecatan friend severs his weapon, as well as his forearm, using her own energy blade. I wasn’t keen on letting him escape, and Aralysa begins questioning him. We learn from Yellow that whoever initiated the heist paid quite a lot, and was very secretive on the details. Aralysa figures out the case’s contents - by opening it, probably - and I grab Greenie off the ground and give him and Yellow to the cops. Aralysa hands off the case to Axis Prime, and that’s about it.”

Ever the curious one, Aralysa smiles, and then asks,
“How so?”

1 Like

The war-bot glanced at the surrounding officers.
“Well… shall we give it a shot?” They asked.

1 Like

“They’re made of trash. As a testimony of Primus’ power and creativity, nothing shows it better. But they are literally junk that rest of the galaxy finds useless. And survive what would otherwise kill most of us. Have you never met one?” Roaster asked.

2 Likes

“Definitely looks that way. I wonder where a guy would even get gear like that though? By the looks of it all these dudes have real fancy gear like this. If this predacon dude here managed to find some new equipment before the attack. Well what if all these guys got their stuff from the same dude?”
Low-Tide suggested.

2 Likes

“Very well,” Vector Sigma sighs. “What else can I do for you this morning, visitor?”

Watchdog makes sure to pay close attention to Stonefist’s detailed recount of the battle, his fingers clacking against the screen of the datapad as he writes.

“Did any of them say anything else about their employer?” he asks. "Why their employer would have wanted the journal, or where they wanted the thieves to take it after they’d stolen it, maybe?

Watchdog is currently busy speaking to Stonefist, but he quickly spares a glance Low-Tide’s way. He’ll likely get to the Eukarian’s suggestion in a moment.

“Clemency’s owned by the syndicates- I wouldn’t advise taking Excalibur II there all by herself,” Trenchfoot advises XM-333. Then, to Double-Take, he says, “So, with that in mind, you think you could tell us where exactly on Junkion we can get in touch with your boss?”

“Yeah, I’ve got a few ideas,” Double-Take says. “But what’s in it for me? I mean, I think I’m being pretty cooperative here, all considered. Shouldn’t that net me something?”

@meepinater

2 Likes

“No I don’t believe I have. I’ve never been to Junkion either.” Aralysa replied. “It’d be cool to go there, though.”

Stonefist shakes his head at that.
“No. Yellow didn’t seem to know much about the employer, only that they paid a lot. Greenie was too dazed to be of much help.” the rocky bot explains.

“Can you accept this chip?”

1 Like