Transformers: Dawn of a New Age

Headbite nodded slowly, “Well, no, no, I suppose not, not…” she said as she processed it all. Didn’t seem quite enjoyable when put that way. Although the attention didn’t sound bad…but maybe her new friend just didn’t like that.

1 Like

“If we are speaking of the same person, you should know that we’re already keeping an eye on her,” Watchdog tells Axis. “I’m not exactly thrilled by the prospect of her walking freely around the city, as I hope you can understand.”

The Contact’s voice comes through the commlink, again disguised.

What have you found?” they ask.

1 Like

“So what about you, what would you do now for fun that Decepticons aren’t here to order you around?” Roaster asked.

1 Like

“Greetings.” Conjoint nodded. “I take it you two have known each other for a while?”

1 Like

“I don’t know…I can eat as much copper as I like now I guess,” she said with a chitter, “Um…maybe…something? I don’t know, know…spent most of time not…being found…so…”

1 Like

Maximus nodded.
“Of course.”

With all that done, he walked back to the group, meeting everyone else at the space port.

“So, did you catch them?”
Axis asked.

“Yeah. Some hooded wacko going on about divine duties and something about being banished from your sight. Though they didn’t seem dangerous at.”

“Right. I know exactly who you’re talking about. Though I don’t recall banishing him or anything like that.”

“He also mentioned something about a thing called Anchorite. It’s supposed to be some sort of mobile headquarters. Said it was made by Solus Prime. I figured you could look into that.”

“I’ll ask her when I have the time. But for now I want to make sure we have everyone gathered.”

“Very good then. Keep close track of her, and notify me if she does anything suspect.”
The Prime replied.

@rainsong
After traveling in awkward silence for a while, Nova decided to speak up.

“So, you ever been to this Tomb of The Primes places the bird lady was talking about?”
She asked casually.

It very well might feel odd to see a bot moving on foot at such a pace, yet speak as if they were standing perfectly still.

1 Like

“Nope, never been on the planet before. It’s probably fine, I can’t imagine there being anything too weird out there. No deadly snowstorms, no gangs, so it should be smooth sailing.”

1 Like

“Wait. You’ve never been to your species’ home world?”
Nova asked curiously.
“Actually scratch that. I’ve never been to earth now that I think about it. So I guess it isn’t that weird.”

1 Like

“That’s right.” Stonefist replied. “Aralysa here has been busy showing me around Iacon. What have you been up to if you don’t mind me asking?” the rocky transformer continued.

“not much sadly, the Prime and her cohorts did find something in that journal, but it was so heavily coded and in such ancient script not even Beta Maxx and Vector Sigma were able to crack it, which leaves me at a dead end as it stands. The only ones who would be able to crack this would need to have more computing power than those two combined, or have a key, neither of which is especially helpful.”

2 Likes

“You have my word,” Watchdog says. “In the meantime, we’re going to begin interrogating the other attackers this afternoon. The orbital defense grid shot down their gunship, and Excalibur II is bringing its pilot to Iacon now.”

Do you think the Prime or anyone close to her has any idea how to proceed?” the Contact asks.

1 Like

“Not sure, she was headed with Maximus to the spaceport, but when we talked, best I could tell she had about as much of an idea of cracking the thing as I do.”

1 Like

“About here.” Conjoint raised his hand to be level with the top of his head, unintentionally using his now contraband arm.

“That’s a joke.”

1 Like

"A dead end, huh?" the Contact muses. "Very frustrating.

…What about the people who fought the terrorists?” they then ask Ivory. “Have you spoken with any of them? Besides Axis and her Conjux, I mean.

1 Like

After standing for a moment, the light of comprehension dawns in Stonefist’s optics as he gets the joke.
“Ah heh heh, so you’re a funny bot, eh?” Stonefist laughs. “I suppose that’s important in a group like this. Can’t all be grumps like me.”

“I’ve talked to a few of them, they didn’t know much. Most of the were just there by accident, or saw the attack and came running. Whoever this was, covered their tracks well, or they expected the attack to go off without a hitch.”

1 Like

Wonderful. There’s stones in his head, too.

“Got to do something to compensate for this getup.” Conjoint replied. “It was especially effective against one of the terrorists.”

1 Like

“Well, the universe is now open to you. You’ll have plenty of opportunity to explore and discover what you want to do.” Roaster says as they go through the space bridge and appear back at the space port, joining the others.

Tokamak was found sitting cross-legged on the ground. All his car drones were racing about in different patterns, with Motormouth riding atop one of them. Every so often, one of the cars would return to Tokamak and enter his blaster, only to be soon fired out with new directions. It was hard to tell if Motormouth was enjoying this endeavor, but Tokamak almost had a light smile as he watched.

1 Like

Nobody seems to know who’s behind this,” the Contact sighs, equally frustrated. "None of my usual friends-in-low-places can tell me anything- which is, of course, why I came to you in the first place. Primus, it’s like this whole thing just came out of nowhere."

1 Like

“sorry for not being able to deliver. I’ll keep on it, but there’s not a lot I can do until they strike again or one of us find a new lead.”

1 Like