Transformers: Dawn of a New Age

Seraphicon seems troubled by this, “terror attack?” He asks.

—————

(@ajtazt )

Firestorm follows them.

1 Like

With aid of the terminal, Tokamak calculates the travel time required to reach the spaceports that would also repair ships. Ones that newcomers to Cybertron would likely visit during the festivities, so the big and obvious places.

@Chromeharpoon

2 Likes

Ivory scoops up the bomb and puts it in his inside pocket. He then walks over to take a look at the statue.

1 Like

“The first human mechs were modeled after cybertronian anatomy and physiology- did you know that?” the shopkeep tells her. “It’s no wonder that these parts should be compatible with yours, then.”

The explosive is much too large to fit in Ivory’s pocket; it was made for cybertronian hands.

The statue that had been toppled is of a Knight of Cybertron, looking like a suit of medieval European plate armor bound together by motors and circuitry. There are many monuments like this all throughout the cybertronian worlds. This particular statue is unfortunately much too big and heavy for Graves to lift, even in his mech.

The Salvation exhibit would be at the end of the museum’s section on the Great War, which is located on an underground floor. In the First Golden Age, this part of the building may have once been an enormous armory; Today, it holds display cases containing old weapons and other artifacts from both the Autobot and Decepticon factions, along with terminals and hologram emitters that describe and/or recreate famous battles from the war. There are also many exhibits dedicated to notable figures from both factions.

The most likely spaceport that Tokamak would find is not in Iacon- it’s the Burthov shipyard, further north toward the Well of All Sparks. Iacon’s spaceports offer standard maintenance services to travelers, but Burthov is renowned as the place to go in Cybertron’s northern hemisphere if your craft has sustained significant damage. Iacon is close enough to the docks that a traveler could reasonably visit the city while waiting for their ship to be repaired.

3 Likes

“Well,alright then. I will say i did participate in the battle, but not much else. Tell me, why’d you guys come to iacon ?”

1 Like

“Yes. There was a terrorist attack on the Hall of Records. They were trying to steal the Journal of Sentinel Prime. However their efforts were fortunately halted. All of the attackers were either killed or arrested, and casualties were minimal to none.”
Axis said.

“Really? I never knew that.”
Nova replied, sounding genuinely intrigued.
“I never paid much attention in my history classes to be honest. I remember hearing Cybertronian’s were important somehow, but I never realized they were that important.”

Niko walked past the various exhibits, fascinated by everything he saw. He made sure to take plenty of notes on the most exciting bits.
This is going to make a killer album.
He thought excitedly.

The Mikesu walked by the notable figures. He’d listened to a few historical rock albums before. The best ones always had a decent mix between both events and characters.

2 Likes

“Is the journal secure?” He asks then lightly hits the side of his head, “Wait, I just answered my own question.” He chuckles.

He brings out his datapad, “I got some photos from the tomb, if your interested.” He says.

——————-

Firestorm stops at a lot of the Knight related stuff and at the individual crew exhibits, paying quiet respects to the people depicted.

2 Likes

“If we take a nice stroll, we should have time for your arm repairs.” Tokamak informed Conjoint.

@Ghid

If there is any section or portion about Facelift, Roaster gives a disgusted sneer. Muttering about how how the fellow was just one of the worst.

3 Likes

The shopkeep laughs. “It’s humbling to hear you say that,” he says. “Sometimes, I feel like many of our people think that we’re the center of the universe. I mean, sure, we’ve killed a god or two, but who hasn’t?”

The Salvation exhibit begins with a message written on a terminal’s screen, connected to a hologram emitter that projects and image of the famous Fleetcarrier.

At the climax of the Great War, the Autobots and Decepticons declared a ceasefire after they discovered that their weapons had damaged Cybertron’s core, mortally wounding Primus. If the Creator died, all cybertronian life would die with him. The two factions constructed a massive starship to carry an enormous crew of Autobots, Decepticons, and nonaligned cybertronians into uncharted space to find the one thing that could rejuvenate the Allspark: the Omega Lock. The Cybertronian Fleetcarrier Salvation and her crew braved many dangers and faced unforseen challenges on their voyage, but ultimately succeeded in finding the great machine and returning it to Cybertron, where it destroyed itself mending the core.

The unity of Salvation’s crew in the face of imminent extinction demonstrated the strength of a united cybertronian people. Weakened by infighting and a loss of faith among the troops, the Decepticon Empire fell a year later in the Battle of Mission City, on Earth, ending the Great War. Were it not for the heroes of Salvation, we would not exist today.

The Salvation exhibit has sections on the more noteworthy members of the Fleetcarrier’s crew- the ones who had been at the forefront of their efforts to find the Omega Lock. Some of their most heroic acts are detailed here, along with what became of them after the voyage.

Facelift of Altihex was a Decepticon combat medic who became hunted by both factions for using his patients as involuntary test subjects in bizarre experiments- the worst of his “projects” earned him the title of “the Butcher of Tetrahex”. He stowed away aboard Salvation in an attempt to evade justice, and the crew coerced him into using his medical knowledge to aid them. After the Great War, Facelift was imprisoned by the provisional government following one last voyage to apprehend a Decepticon warlord. Records of his life following incarceration are unclear.

The Salvation exhibit contains wreckage from the Omega Lock, and the ancient cybertronian ship that had housed it. Most of it is just scraps of hull plating inscribed with glyphs, though the remnants of one of the Omega Keys are displayed above an antigravity pedestal.

Salvation’s crew discovered that the Omega Lock had been split into five pieces after the War of the Primes and scattered throughout unknown space. Four of these pieces were keys like this one, which each held a fragment of the machine’s power. The Omega Keys were watched over by artificial intelligences modelled after four Knights of Cybertron who helped Solus Prime build the Omega Lock: Atlantis, Hyperborea, Ogygia, and Lemuria. Like the rest of the Omega Lock, the Keys were destroyed after Cybertron’s core was repaired.

3 Likes

Conjoint gave a casual shrug. “Definitely beats tasting the ground twice.”

1 Like

Glad that Kitai had decided to change the topic, Aralysa replied,
“I’ve got to show Stonefist here around Iacon, because he hasn’t been here for quite some time.” The rocky bot nods, about to say nothing, but then he changed his mind.
“Yeah. We’ve already gone to the Hall of Records, er, we tried to at least, but after the attack we went to the Primal Basilica. There sure were some interesting things in there to say the least.”
Aralysa smiles at the gray-armored bot, and then continues.
“Anyways I’d like to get back to that, so why don’t we head to the Salvation area?” With that, Aralysa and Stonefist bid goodbye to Kitai and head for that part of the museum. A quick glance reveals that some other bots are already there, so Stonefist grunts and Aralysa says,
“Hello! Are you here to see the Salvation exhibit too?”

“Yeah.” Dark says, sitting on Firestorm’s transtector’s shoulder as he gives them a cheerful wave.

1 Like

“Who sent you?”
XM-333 turned back towards the combiner, watching him carefully.

1 Like

“Sure. I could use anything to take my mind of of today’s stresses.”
Axis replied.

Nova chuckled nervously.
“Uh, no one that I’m aware of.”

Niko was captivated by the gallery of different faces. Each one with their own story to tell, and each one with such different designs. Though he couldn’t help but focus his attention on the absolute behemoth among them. He went over to the section labeled Fortress.

1 Like

Seraphicon pulls up the pictures: the tomb was loaded with traps, makes sense due to the Twilit Saber’s power. There were carvings and reliefs talking about the Salvation and it’s journey.

One image was of a massive circular door with the Angelicon insignia crudely drawn on it. The next image was of the chamber they found Shadowraker in, the glyphs honoring her.

The last set was of Zepar’s burial chamber. The large sarcophagus was opened to show the Twilit Angel rising with the Twilight Saber. The journal was on a small desk-like alcove to the side.

2 Likes

Zip and Cargo

Cargo nods to the bot solemnly. “Indeed.”

Zip pokes his partner’s shoulder. “Cargo! It’s the guy from Nemo!”

Graves

Graves grunts and exits out of his mech for a second. He steps forwards to the knight statue and kneels in front of its helmet, muttering something quietly.

2 Likes

“Well, it’s not like anyone’s counting,” the shopkeep says.

“We weren’t getting paid enough to ask questions,” the combiner says. “Whoever hired us kept their identity a secret, they were offering more money than I’ve seen in my lives to steal that journal and giving us enough guns to outfit a battalion to get it. Shoulda known it was too good to be true.”

Fortress’s section consists of a few schematics displayed on screens, along with a massive rail cannon held within a glass case.

Fortress was a sentient weapons platform built by the Autobots to assist light infantry battalions. He was assigned to Salvation and activated late into her voyage, taking part in several battles against the warlord Bludgeon’s separatist Decepticon fleet. After the Great War, Fortress and others like him in the Autobot ranks were “decommissioned” and left to enjoy civilian life.

Further back in the museum’s Great War section is a row of stasis pods held together in an exhibit, along with holographic schematics of a Decepticon starship of some kind, and the preserved remains of an insecticon drone.

1 Like

“Hey look it’s Dark Firestorm!” Aralysa replied excitedly. “If he’s here, than the other one can’t be far behind!” Stonefist grunted softly and stared.
“Who’s that again?” the rocky bot rumbled, confused. Aralysa sighed, and then continued.
“Remember before we went into Maccadam’s, you saw a gold bot and asked why he was so popular? I said I could introduce you to him, and here’s his dark counterpart!”
The Hecatan bot’s explanation didn’t seem to do much for Stonefist, but he nodded anyway and said nodded to Dark Firestorm.
“Hello.”

“Well, we are one and the same.” Firestorm and Dark say in perfect unison.

1 Like

Aralysa gave a small squeak of delight as both bots spoke. Stonefist gave her a strange look, but by then the purple and blue transformer had recomposed herself. Shrugging, the rocky Cybertronian then asks the two Firestorms,
“How exactly does that work?”