Transformers: Dawn of a New Age

Axis could be seen exiting the Pulsar and walking towards the Tomb. She noticed Ivory land and tried to wave him over.

1 Like

“Is that so? Well then, that is most odd indeed. You look quite different from the Old Enemy, if you don’t mind my saying.” He said, removing his hood. It’s unclear if this is meant to be a show of trust to reveal himself, to get a better look at Kitai, or if he was just hot.

The bot noticed the Prime and quickly covered the distance between them. “There you are kid! I was worried you’d forgotten about me!”

1 Like

“That info is need to know but, if you want, we would accept the help.” Firestrom says.

1 Like

“I still can’t get over that,” Salvage says, shaking his head. “Humans trying to make zombie-bots, I mean. I’ve never heard of cybertronians trying to make their own humans, for spark’s sake. I just-…ugh, whatever. I guess it was a long time ago, anyway. The humans I’ve met seem pretty alright. Well- aside from the ones who just tried to kill us, of course.”

Beta Maxx follows the two at a light jog, the minicon needing to put in a bit more effort to keep up with larger cybertronians. Presently, the two guards by the Tomb’s entrance are engaged in conversation with Firestorm, Seraphicon, Nova, Niko, and an insecticon newcomer.

“You’re not just sightseeing, then,” the black-armored Knight remarks. “Is there anything that my fellow guards or the Angelicon stewards here could help you with?”

1 Like

“I think Beta Maxx will be best able to help.” Firestrom says.

“Actually, are the sentries still active?” Seraphicon asks.

2 Likes

“I shall lend whatever assistance I can provide,” Beta Maxx says to Firestorm as he approaches the Tomb’s entrance. “At present, however, we are working with secrets that have been hidden even from me. Otherwise, I doubt we’d be here now.”

“The sentries were taken from the Tomb and dismantled shortly after the Order was allowed to post guards here,” the black-armored Knight tells Seraphicon. “One-hundred and three others like myself and Blueshift guard the necropolis now, and the Angelicon Order also maintains a presence here to ensure its upkeep.”

2 Likes

Oreo notices that the others are leaving the Pulsar, so he and Razor follow them outside.

1 Like

“Yes, my apologies. I wanted to wait for you, but our pilot decided to take off before you arrived.”
Axis replied.

“Wait, so this is like some sort of secret mission? That’s awesome! Can I join?”
Honeycomb eagerly asked.

1 Like

Fine. This guy wants the truth, then ill give it to him.
“I’m a hybrid.” Kitai admitted. " A hybrid quintession. However, don’t ask how I’m still here. I don’t know the whole story myself. "

1 Like

As Stonefist and the others walked towards the entrance to the Tomb, the rocky bot surveyed the immediate area, taking note of what appeared to be an Insecticon new arrival. He chuckled softly.
“Looks like we’ve found ourselves another Insecticon,” he remarked nonchalantly. At the very least, this one seemed to be a lot friendlier than the last one they encountered.
“That’s strange,” Aralysa commented, but she shrugged, her enthusiasm not dampened in the slightest, as evidenced by the spring in her step and curious grin.

1 Like

“Alright, I’ll just stay here and hold down the fort,” Salvage says- more to himself than anyone else- as Razor leaves the bridge. “You guys have fun looking at dead people.”

He pushes his seat away from the helm controls, reclining into a relaxed posture and putting his feet up on a support that rises from the floor. He rests the back of his head in his hands as he mumbles an old Earth ditty to himself.

Put on your sun-day clothes, there’s lots of wooorld out theeere…

Oh, drat!” Beta Maxx hisses quietly as he puts a hand over his mouthplate, realizing that he may have perhaps said too much.

2 Likes

Firestorm brings out the journal and looks for a passage to help them.

2 Likes

“Don’t worry! I’m great at keeping secrets. I promise!”
Honeycomb hastily said.
“I swear I won’t tell anyone!”

1 Like

“Is that so, most interesting indeed.” He replied, a hand to his chin… “Well, I am not inclined to out you to the world, live and let live, if you understand me. However, if you wish for spiritual guidance, or even just a listening ear, you may come to me.”

“Is that so, I might need to have a word with them, teach them about unexpected takeoffs.” He says, and while he had a joking tone, there was definitely a dagger in that cake. “So tell me what’s the plan, what do you expect to find?”

2 Likes

Oreo skids up to the rest of the group, leaving a short trail of burnt rubber on the ground.

2 Likes

Beta Maxx decides to stay silent and let someone else in the party do the talking, as he may have already said too much. As Oreo comes screaming into the group’s midst, the two guards by the Tomb’s entrance start and tighten their hold on their weapons, only to see that this newcomer does not look altogether very threatening. They quickly reassume their statue-like composure.

One entry in the journal, written early in Sentinel Prime’s reign, reads like so:

Recently I have become aware of yet another burden that I must carry as the Prime: that the Matrix of Leadership may just be the most complete record of cybertronian history presently available. Beta Maxx was surely killed in the War of the Primes, Vector Sigma has been sealed beneath Kaon for eons, and of the status of the original Covenant of Primus, I cannot say. The War of the Primes and the subsequent disappearance of the Knights of Cybertron shrouded the first epoch of our history in myth, and yet the memories and impressions of my predecessors recorded within the Matrix tell the full story- from the moment Prima emerged from the Well of All Sparks, to my walk through the gardens outside the Primal Basilica this morning- from the perspectives of those who have most dramatically shaped it. Or they will, at least- as soon as I can make sense of them all. I have yet to fully master the powers the Matrix has bestowed upon me: often do my attempts to delve into its recorded memories devolve into chaotic visions- a blur of people, places, and battles that I can hardly begin to decipher. Some of what I see is deeply troubling, and I hope that I am only misinterpreting those images.

Nevertheless, I begin to feel that it is my duty to learn this power, and to use it to restore our civilization’s lost history and reclaim our forgotten technologies. I must believe that other Primes before me have resolved to do the same, and have evidently failed, but I do not intend to follow in their footsteps. I may not have wanted the Matrix of Leadership, but I realize that I have a responsibility use its gifts well.

1 Like

“We discovered a hidden data compartment in Sentinel Prime’s journal. The access key for which is supposedly hidden within the Tomb.”
Axis explained.

Honeycomb looked to Oreo as he approached.
“Oh, are you in on the secret mission too?”
She asked.

1 Like

“Yes, I suppose I am,” he replied.

1 Like

Firestorm makes a face as he tries to understand the passage.

1 Like

“Something troubling you, my friend?” Beta Maxx says, taking notice of Firestorm’s expression.

1 Like