Transformers: Dawn of a New Age

Axis gave a polite and respectful bow to the minicon. “I understand. I hope your research proves fruitful.”

@MakutaOisli @BlackBeltGamer98
The Prime then turned to leave and return to the ship. “Alright everyone, let’s get moving. We haven’t any time to waste!” She commanded.

1 Like

Firestorm and Seraphicon follow.

1 Like

“My apologies,” Razor said. “We received a recording from Sentinel Prime himself telling us that the directions to the tomb were a decoy. He left some other directions, but no one has decided them yet. They appear to have been encrypted by someone unknown to us.”

1 Like

Leslie quickly scribbles onto her datapad as Razor speaks.

Fascinating!” she remarks. “You know, you cybertronians have the most intriguing history. So many ancient conspiracies, lost artifacts, and myths-made-real… it’s just a shame that so many of those secrets tend to be so dangerous.”

Those of our heroes leaving the Tomb of the Primes would return to the surface as Razor and Leslie are still conversing.

1 Like

“An unfortunate side effect of being mechanical organisms with access to arcane technology.” Firestorm says, “but it does mean there’s no shortage of adventure or surprises.”

3 Likes

“Very well.” Kitai replied. He walked away towards the entrance, his heavy feet echoing throughout.

1 Like

“Yes,” Razor agreed. “Although, I understand that your government has, in the past, had many such secrets. Weapons, experiments, and knowledge that the world was not allowed to know. Your mapping systems, I believe, were originally based on government satellites?”

1 Like

“I hope I’m not interrupting anything important.” Axis said as she and the others approached Razor and the ship. “But do know that we’ll be leaving as soon as we can. There’s a lot to be done and no time to be wasted.”

2 Likes

Razor looks up in surprise.
“Oh! Ah, yes, of course, I’ll come along.”
She apologizes to the reporter for having to leave, then joins the others as they make their way to the ship.

2 Likes

“A fair point,” Leslie concedes to both Firestorm and Razor. “I suppose we’re not so different after all.”

“Your colleague and I were just having a friendly chat,” Leslie then says to the group. "I’m Leslie Jiménez-Hansen, Seventh Section Broadcasting. I happened to be on Cybertron doing research for a piece on the Angelicons, but then, well… something more interesting came up.

“Erm, no offense, of course,” she adds, glancing over at Seraphicon. “Your people have been very amenable.”

“No apology necessary,” Leslie assures her. “I shouldn’t be keeping you, I guess.”

By now, the guests that had been asked to leave the Tomb of the Primes have all gone home- except for Leslie. Overgrowth, the Knight of Cybertron who has accompanied our heroes, rests by the feet of one of he statues hewn from the face of the plateau, a few dents in the armor plating on her torso. From behind Kitai, Beta Maxx transforms into his jet mode and rockets into the open air. A trail of yellow plasma shoots out of his engine as the minicon flies south, toward Kaon.

1 Like

Axis looked down at the human respectfully. “Interesting. I suppose now that our imperium has rejoined the greater galactic community, it would be beneficial to have people like you spreading word of our people and culture. You may accompany us if you wish. I assure you our travels will be nothing but interesting. Lots of good material for reports.”

3 Likes

“But, given our race’s track record, I feel you may want to be careful as things can tend to get a bit…explodey when we go on adventures.” Dark says.

“Frontline reporting is a thing, and can be lucrative.” Firestorm notes, “though that does come with risks.”

Seraphicon shrugs at the reporter’s comment about Angelicons, “No offense taken, ma’am.” He says, “it’s not every day the ghosts of all the Primes appear and can be conversed with by people.”

3 Likes

“No kidding,” Leslie laughs. “I wish humans had something like that. What I wouldn’t give for an exclusive with Alan Shepard, or Charlene Valentine, or Shinobu-7…”

The reporter seems to get lost in thought for a moment, considering the many figures from human history she’d love to meet, before she shakes her head and brings her attention back to the present.

“Erm, anyway- I think I missed the last shuttle out of here, so I’ll hitch a ride with you to wherever you’re going next, if that’s alright. I’ll have to iron things out with my producer before I go anywhere else with you, though.”

3 Likes

The prime smiled. “That sounds perfectly fine to me. Astrum will make for an excellent focal point for your first report. An artificial ring world made in monument to Solus Prime. You’d even have a chance to meat one of the original 13 in person. It will be wonderful.” Axis said eagerly.

“Well she could also come with me to Eukaris. There’s lots of great stuff there too. She could… hmm…” Maximus trailed off as he considered the actual implications of bringing a small squishy human to his often hostile home-world. “On second thought, yeah. Astrum is the better pick.”

2 Likes

“Well, we could try to see if we can get our guest a sort of suit, kind of along the lines of the Apex Armor? It should work given minicons like myself and Micronus could operate and wear it.” Firestorm says.

3 Likes

“That’s very generous of you,” Leslie says to Firestorm. "If I’m gonna be traveling with you, I would like some additional protection, if it’s no trouble.

“How about we continue this discussion on the way, yeah?” she adds, pointing over to the Pulsar.

Overgrowth limps up the yacht’s ramp, holding a hand over her wound as she walks onto the bridge. Salvage gets up from his seat as he sees her condition, but she holds up a hand, wordlessly bidding him to keep away.

“I’m alright,” she says. “My injuries are minor, but I’m afraid our godly stowaway has left for other adventures.”

“Ah, that sucks,” Salvage groans. “I mean yeah, he was obviously nuts, but every party needs a crazy guy, right? Well, hopefully Liege has cracked a little, all alone on that island as he’s been…”

“An odd thing to wish for,” Overgrowth remarks, shaking her head and rolling her eyes beneath her visor. “Prepare this vessel for departure- it seems that we have found what we came here for.”

“And that is…?” Salvage asks.

“They have not yet told me,” the Knight replies. “I also saw Beta Maxx leave just now, flying south.”

“We’re splitting the party already?” Salvage whines. “Primus alive, isn’t he an all-knowing immortal brainiac? He should know better!”

“He will return to us soon, I am sure,” Overgrowth says. “In the meantime, we must plot our next move and return this ship to its owner.”

Right,” Salvage sighs. “The woman who’s already ticked at us for torching her business, whose mood I’m sure will only worsen when she sees what we’ve done to her prettiest rental ship.”

“In our defense, most of the damage was caused by the mercenaries,” Overgrowth reminds the Junkion. “We only fought in self-defense. The shattered window and the wrecked guest room, however…”

“We can pin those on the mercs too, can’t we?” Salvage suggests. “I mean, what she doesn’t know won’t hurt her…”

3 Likes

“Yes, that would be for the best.” Axis said before walking into the ship, not thinking to watch if the reporter was following.

Maximus and the others walked up and into the ship behind her. Though as Gungnir passed the reporter it stopped for a moment. The towering military machine turned its head and looked down at her. The pilot within said nothing. It just stared down at Leslie for a few uncomfortable moments, before following the others into the ship.

3 Likes

“Welcome back,” Oreo says as everyone enters the Pulsar. “We were beginning to wonder what’s happening. I saw one of your group fly off, and it reminded me of something. Would we be able to salvage anything from the shuttle we shot down?”
As he finishes, he notices the reporter standing behind the others.
“Hello, ma’am. Welcome aboard the Pulsar, a Cybertronian yacht fit for any millionaire. I’m sure you will find a fitting accommodation somewhere in here for any luggage you might have, and certainly you will find adventure.”

2 Likes

As Kitai walked up the boarding ramp, he paid no heed to the reporter, as he made his way to the bridge.

“Sorry for that…”

3 Likes

Leslie raises an eyebrow as she looks up at Gungnir, returning the mech’s gaze before following it into the ship.

“Do we know each other, is that it?” she asks. “I’m afraid you have me at a disadvantage.”

“Thanks for having me,” Leslie says to Oreo, smiling as she does. “I don’t have any luggage with me, but thank you for offering.”

Salvage nearly jumps out of his seat as Kitai makes his entrance, going unnoticed by both him and Overgrowth before he speaks.

Primus alive!” the Junkion swears again. “Sorry! Sorry, I just-… whatever. Don’t worry about the window, my dude- It was a pretty awesome way to make an entrance. I can respect that.”

As our heroes return to the ship, Salvage warms up the Pulsar’s engines to prepare her for the return flight to Iacon- he assumes that our heroes wish to return to the great city, anyway. If any of them wish to go somewhere else, they need only say so.

3 Likes