Transformers Live-Action Movies

I’m excited.

I quite like Bee’s new design.

2 Likes

Hm. A Transformers movie with no Bay, appealing human actors, and simplified robot designs? I might actually give this a try.

The story looks plenty more grounded this time. The action seems appropriate for the source material while still focusing on the relationship that seems to be the core of the movie.

I love the changes made to the Transformer designs. We didn’t see too much of Starscream, and I’m not really familiar with Transformers to have an opinion on his design other than he looks cool and that he is indeed a jet.

I love that Bumblebee’s a Beetle now, I don’t know if that’s what he was in G1 or anything? I like the change regardless, it definitely illustrates how this seems to be a more grounded departure from the Chevy Camero, action-heavy, testosterone-fueled Bayformer universe. I also like his new design, he’s big enough to be imposing, but small enough to still be approachable, and the more armored design looks so much better than the very open and exposed and hyper-detailed Bayformers. He just looks so smooth, it’s great!

Also, his head is actually under the car like the toys. That’s adorable!

All in all, this looks pretty exciting. Hoping for an Optimus cameo at the end, hopefully with a better design like Bumblebee.

4 Likes

I’m probably going to end up seeing this. I skipped the last Transformers movie but considering this has a different crew working on it I have a bit of hope that it will be good.

2 Likes

there’s literally no where to go but up after the last knight

also honestly? the main thing I took away from this trailer?

Starscream

Starscream’s design, is so radically different from Bay Starscream that I’m wondering if they’ll use this movie as a jumping off point for the reboot, and if it’s good? If it actually has a heart and soul in it?
I think it would be perfect for that

however that said, still hella cautious

2 Likes

I’m going to have to try to hold back my hype, because this trailer just sent my expectations rocketing upward

I really like how the movie is looking so far. I’m especially pleased with the designs this time. I think that the use of more G1-styled designs for the transformers this time looks really good (and in my opinion, this is how it should’ve looked from the start). I’m really digging Starscream’s design despite him being in the trailer for 2 seconds.

1 Like

I haven’t seen any of them so far, but I wanna see Bumblebee

EDIT: just saw the trailer. Hype. Is this part of the Bay series?

1 Like

From what I understand, it started out as a prequel but now may actually be the start of a reboot series.

2 Likes

I think it’ll probably end up being both. It’s a prequel to the 07 movie, and if it does well, the series movies forward using Bee as a jumping off point using the same designs, meaning both timelines of Live Action movies have the same events in the 80s, but things diverge from there.

3 Likes

I hope so.

1 Like

So I just had a thought…

What if they try and connect Bee to the other movies even further by making this new character Charlie Watson the mom of Mikaela Banes? We know she’s a senior in High School, so there could be a quick scene with a male student named popular 80s boy name Banes who likes cars, and that’s all that’s ever really explicitly stated in the film, but the implication is that she later goes on to marry that guy and have a girl she’ll name Mikaela (maybe a quick “I like this name” comment). If Sam and Mikaela are supposed to be 17-18 in the first film, they’d have been born around 1990, which fits the timeline.Might be a stretch, but the entirety of The Last Knight was a stretch and it came from the same writers room, so…

It’d give the moment Bee nods at Mikaela during the Mission City battle a little extra meaning.

I have not seen a transformers movie in theatres since the second one, and after seeing this trailer that is not going to change this year.

The Bumblebee movie Trailer is pretty decent and I like them. We’ll wait to see if it is going to be better than the first movie.

One think that I am really curious to see is how they will handle with the whole continuity: how Bee ends up to be a normal sized bot, how Starscream ends up to be the gray boring Decepticon from the first three movies, what happened to the girl, etc. I also really like the fact that they finally show that they are inspiring from the cartoons. Both Bee being shorter and Starscream being white and red are references from The Transformers, the old G1 cartoon, although in the cartoon scream had blue armor too (but I would be OK if they get rid of the blue).

The biggest problem I have with the Transformers movies is the camera shacking. Man, I hate it. However, I strongly hope that this won’t happen in this movie too.

However, I don’t think I will go to see it in the cinemas. There are so many movies in December, and I can’t go at more than two, and I’ve already chosen Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse and Mary Poppins.

1 Like

This isn’t

1. By Bay
    And two (I don’t think) 2. Part of the Bayformer universe.
1 Like

It is part of the current movieverse, I think.

1 Like

It is, but I think it’s also supposed to be the start of a reboot which isn’t connected to Bayformers.

3 Likes

I’ve heard about a possible reboot, however, I’ve heard that Transformers 6 will be part of the Bayverse.

1 Like

The Bumblebee movie is a prequel to the 2007 movie set in the current movie canon. Anything involving reboots or the next film after Bee being a reboot or the last in the current canon is all just rumors and speculation. Anything about Bee being a soft reboot is just rumors and speculation.

The Bumblebee movie is a part of Bayformers people, get over it.

3 Likes

I think official word is that it is technically still connected to the Bayverse, but if it does well, they’ll use it as the launching point for a new continuity

4 Likes

Yes

That part is all just speculation. Hasbro or Paramount have not officially said anything about this.

1 Like