Transformers: Salvation Signup and OOC Discussion Topic

Oh yeah, if everything works right. I have a cruel and badaft line for Bludgeon I think you would like :sunglasses:

@Chromeharpoon you’ve kind of not replied to me and meep in that fortress.

I quoted you both to try and get you two to have your characters talk to each other.

1 Like

OOH, I get it.

Okay, I’m feeling pretty interested in rejoining. I know I’ve said this a million times, but I actually want to. I won’t give a definite “yes” yet, because I want to wait and see how I’m feeling tomorrow and the days to come. Thanks for any and all of your patience!

2 Likes

Thought of an interesting character idea. Kind of experimental. Might keep him around. Might not. Thought I’d put him in and see how much I like him.

Name: Fortress
Faction: Autobot
Homeworld: Cybertron
Appearance: (Siege targetmaster for scale. Represents average bot size)
Primary Robot Mode:

He can transfer his consciousness into a smaller robot form, which is what most individuals aboard the Salvation would know him as. This form goes by the name “Beta”

Alt mode: Fortress transforms into a large transport vehicle, able to carry many passengers. This vehicle form is currently residing in one of the main hangers, where it was initially loaded on to the Salvation before it’s departure.

Beta can also assume it’s own vehicle mode. That being a small buggy-rover.

Weapons, tools, and abilities:
As Beta, he has very few weapons. Only two light machine guns on the front of his rover mode, and a handgun for his robot mode.

Fortress’ larger body relies on a limited power source. While it usually lasts more than long enough on a full charge to not be much concern, if Fortress does anything particularly strenuous or physically taxing, his power cell will drain at a faster rate.

In his large robot form, he can enter a hyper-offensive configuration. Activating and deploying an extensive number of weapon systems.

Dual shoulder mounted two gunned A-A turrets. Dual back mounted mass-driver cannons. Two chest mounted 18 count missile batteries. And a targeting visor which assits in aiming and locking on to multiple targets at once. These weapons are only available in this configuration. (Similar to Animated Omega Supreme) If used for an extensive amount of time, this mode can increase the rate of power drain by 25%.

If his power cell runs empty, he will shut down and go into stasis. If drained too quickly and gone too long without recharging, Fortress is at serious risk of going permanently offline.

Bio: Fortress was an autobot experiment during the war. A heavily armored transportation vehicle able to take on a massive and powerful battle mode. Only to be used in the most dire circumstances.

However, despite being a creation of war, Fortress is the near definition of a gentle giant. Only entering combat when he absolutely has to. He was placed aboard the Salvation as an extra security measure. The only ones who would know of the true identity of the transport vehicle, as well as Beta, would be the two captains.

Fortress has loved this opportunity to integrate into the crew through Beta. Interacting happily with his fellow crew-mates. Still a definite pacifist, he avoids combat wherever possible. And to an extent, dreading the day when he will be called upon to defend the Salvation in his gigantic battle form. Knowing that once the secret gets out, no one will treat him the same.

1 Like

Oh… oh my. That’s rather large. While I appreciate the effort you put into trying to balance him out, I’m afraid this RP wasn’t designed to accommodate a PC so massive and heavily-armed.

1 Like

Wait till you see my third character

I was wondering about that, since my C-130 Hercules character was dropped.

OMG, they are literally there…what do I do… OH THE PRESSURE!

It’s your choice.

Idk if it’ll work or not…

Like I said, he’d be spending the vast majority of his time in his smaller robot form, Beta. Or using his large vehicle mode to transport characters to different locations on a planet’s surface. The large robot mode would only be pulled out for extremely special circumstances.

Yeah, but when it does get brought out it’d mop the floor with everybody. Maybe if he was smaller and had a few less weapons I’d consider accepting him.

1 Like

The idea is that he’d come out in extremely one sided fights. The crew is on the backfoot. And then boom! This guy comes out to save the day.

That being said, I can see where you’re coming from. While I’m not so sure about shrinking him, since his other function is to be a large troop transport, I can cut some of the weapons. Specifically the thigh turrets, making those spotlights or something, and then two of the four chest missile batteries.

1 Like

Okay, that’s getting better. What weapons does the troop carrier have, if any?

Like I said, the weapons are only accessible in the battle mode. He’s a lot like Animated Omega Supreme in a way.

Okay. With the changes to the weaponry you mentioned, and this-

-removed, I’m more warm to the idea of accepting Fortress. If you could edit his character sheet to include those changes so I can look everything over one more time, that’d be great.

1 Like

Chrome, I have a question. Do I sometimes scare you with how OP I can make my characters? :thinking:

Not really.