Transformers: Salvation Signup and OOC Discussion Topic

Holy geez I need to find a version of this bit that doesn’t have Lord Shaxx’s voice because this is so much more awesome than the music I picked out for the endgame boss fight.

1 Like

Alright, I was planning to have most/all of the PCs get together for the first part of the trials, but since that doesn’t look like it’s happening, I’ll tone things down some.

Still, I would like for everyone to get their characters together for this. I just need to find something to… motivate them into doing so…

1 Like

Well, that Omega Lock-like thing Epsilon’s investigating can help with that…Or the mysterious figure spoiler Optimus Prime (cough)[/spoiler] could drop in and say what they seek is in the fortress and it’s in their best interest to investigate.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s part of why Optimus is here, in addition to providing another TOTGA-callback. And now that the shroud’s down Salvation and her crew are starting to head there right now. Still, if it’s urgency we’re lacking at the moment, just say the word. I can definitely fix that.

The bit with the colony ship is there to help get Epsilon and Gatecrasher involved, and there’s also some stuff on the ship you guys can find and take.

I’m really tempted to have Epsilon plan on destroying the device he’s looking at to prevent Bludgeon from potentially using it.

Also, I don’t think it’s urgency that’s causing the issue with the trial, I think the issue is that the trial’s feeling like it’s on lockdown and that the end of the current trial is very in reach of the current group, hence Zepar saying he wasn’t sure reinforcements would be needed.

1 Like

There’s going to be more than one trial, and most everybody in the player cast will need to be participating to complete them all. That’s part of why this fight’s taken so long- I’ve been trying to guide the rest of the cast to the fortress, but now I feel like it’s starting to drag on, and I should move things along a little bit.

1 Like

Again, I haven’t gotten Epsilon involved because he doesn’t have much, if any, reason to go there and Garand is not aware of this trial and fortress, he only knows he is on a very distant planet and that he is on an unfamiliar ship he is gonna be a crewman of going forward.

I think that there needs to be a reason for each character to enter this fortress and the promise of an Omega Key/Omega Lock component could work as that motivation.

1 Like

Excluding Juliana correct?

Right. I’ve been trying to give everyone a reason to go to the fortress without too much railroading, and that’s been taking a little bit due to activity levels and the fact that a lot of the PCs are off doing different things. It’s nobody’s fault; that’s just how things are.

I don’t see why she’d be exluded.

1 Like

No worries. I understand.

Yeah, with what’s going on in the world right now, and the meandering state of the game at present, I totally understand the lack of activity.

1 Like

When you asked earlier, I thought I mentioned I would like her excluded.

See, when I made her, I always kinda intended her to be something of a background character. A character seeing the events from the side, not always in the thick of or forefront of the events. She was more of a character experiment than an active participant. Sort of why whenever there’s a lot of heavy, plot-moving events she kinda disappears. Sorry, if she appeared otherwise, or if that derails your plans. I didn’t mean for that to be an issue, it was simply something I wanted to try.

Oh, okay. I didn’t quite get that at first, I guess.

1 Like

Nah, it’s fine. You’ve got a lot on your mind I’m sure, and it’s kinda an odd situation.

Random side note! I just looked up the Requiem Blaster out of curiosity and found this interesting bit of trivia: In the Aligned Continuity family, the Requiem Blaster exudes such a gravity well that it is the gravitational center (and the very core) of Junkion, the planet. Now that is what I call a heavy weapon.

1 Like

Yeah, I considered giving it a gravity-based secondary power in TOTGA based off of that.

Maybe if it gets rebuilt in TOTGA II it’ll get one

Here’s the problem: That gravitational force is equal to a planet that I presume is the same mass as Cybertron. That would mean one could literally have to lug around a planet the size of a rifle or arm mounted bazooka depending on what design you’re using for the weapon. That would make it almost unwieldable if it constantly was making this gravity well. Heck, just dropping it could cause significant damage to a planet.

1 Like

Yeah, if the Requiem Blaster shows up again, and I do give it a gravity-based power, it’ll need to be significantly altered and toned down to remedy that.

1 Like

I honestly think that would be an interesting way to make a new TOTGA story as that was Megatronus’ wish to have it destroyed so it can no longer cause harm but it would need to be ridiculously nerffed, like maybe a weapon class or two higher that Megatron’s Fusion Cannon in terms of power, to make it be balanced, weak but a major threat. At least, that’s my opinion.

TLDR: Good idea, be careful with it as such a weapon implies a really frightening level of destructive power.

1 Like

I will be careful.

Whenever we get to Salvation’s multiverse shenanigans, I do plan to give y’all the opportunity to use some of the Prime relics again.

2 Likes