Transformers: Salvation Signup and OOC Discussion Topic

No, Laslow didn’t take it. The other guy did.

I should start giving more of my NPCs names, shouldn’t I?

Yes.

I vote Beefcake.

1 Like

Done

So, X-face took it?

Yeah, he did.

yes, Beefcake took it.

Love it!

1 Like

No, Facelift was talking to Epsilon.

Okay… So why was I quoted then?

I like to quote people who have characters in the same general area, just so that they’re all aware of what’s going on where they are and have plenty of opportunities to do stuff. I started doing it in TOTGA, and helped keep everyone on the same page.

Okay, so broadband cut the transmission?
And Thrift and Laslow ended their convo?

Yes.

I missed that part. I’ll pick it up in my next post.

Okay.

:+1:

To whom it may concern: happy Thanksgiving.

1 Like

All the same to you!

Continuing the earlier discussion on character voices, here are some of my ideal ones for various Salvation NPCs.

I read Salvo with the voice of Jennifer Hale, as previously mentioned. She’s done a lot of voice acting in video games, like Halo and Mass Effect, and in some animated shows.

I’ve been struggling to find the right voice and vernacular for Topside. Since Part II started, though, I’ve been trying out something inspired by Nathan Fillion’s portrayal of Malcom Reynolds in Firefly. There’s a little language in the video below, so make of that what you will.

I read Lurch in Steve Blum’s voice for Starscream from Transformers: Prime.

Forcep, as said earlier, either sounds like DeForest Kelley or Jeffrey Combs in my mind; I can’t decide which. He’s your typical grumpy sci-fi medic character, so either one could work, almost.

Sprocket and Grommet were based off of Newt Geiszler and Herman Gottlieb from Pacific Rim, so I can’t help but read them as Charlie Day and Burn Gorman, respectively.

I read Bludgeon’s dialogue in the voice of Destiny 2’s Dominus Ghaul. The name of his voice actor escapes me at the moment.

(Ghaul is the big guy in white in the video below)

1 Like

Dr. McCoy was always the voice that came to mind for me.

Alright. Nice to know that.

Y’all, if I started writing short stories in the TOTGA-verse literature thread, how would you feel about me giving your various characters brief cameo appearances in them?

5 Likes

Gladly, except for Julian as Laslow, as their backstories are kinda already written and short.

Unless it’s post-Salvation. Then have fun.

Alright. I just wanted to get permission from you guys first before I did anything. It’s only fair, with how protective I am over my stuff, that I let you have that freedom over your characters.