Transformers: Tournament of Terror. RP Topic

“I did. His injuries were minor. It took little time.”
He said casually.

He calmly walked up to the serving table and took an energon cube. He then walked over to the table Blackout was sitting at, and took his place in the seat across from him.

The hulking copter-con looked at Railfire with a raised eyebrow.
“Been a while.”
He said.

“Indeed.”
The medic briefly replied, before he began eating.

The entire commons sat in an uncontrollable silence for a few long moments. No one really sure what to think of this surprising occurrence.

Oddball visibly deflates, warbling out a sigh. Sometimes, he did find himself wishing he had a way to make himself more easily understood.

Zop-boo-trill-dee,” he says.

“Zop it is…”

“…So what brings you out here?” Backbreaker asks Railfire.

“I felt like it.”
He said, though it was obviously far from the real answer.

Eagerly Maximus got up and sat next to his ancestor.

“I don’t remember this chamber being so run down the last time I was here.”
He commented casually.

Spotlight chuckles.
“I’ll find a way to understand you.”

Oddball nods his head; that wouldn’t be entirely unappreciated.

1 Like

“So Maximus, how was your first night?”
Railfire asked.

“It was alright. The charging bed was less comfortable than I was used to, but no real problems otherwise.”

“Good to hear.”
Railfire said, speaking with a warm and pleasant tone.

Which again, was very unusual. As long as anyone could remember his voice was cold and unfeeling. Always so impartial and disinterested.

Blackout definitely noticed. He let out a single soft chuckle, and gave a kind smile.

Railfire looked up at Backbreaker. Eyeing him with a rather particular glare.
“Autobot.”
He said.
“You have a match soon correct? Come. Sit with us.”
The medic offered politely. Though Backbreaker specifically could tell that there was more to it than that.
@Chromeharpoon

Sensing that there was more to the Autobot’s request, Backbreaker moves over to Railfire and Maximus.

“Tell me fine warrior, how have you been?”
Railfire asked. Seeing the medic this warm and compassionate was off putting. Unsettling almost, simply for how unusual it was.

Indeed, Railfire’s overnight change of spark was making Backbreaker suspicious.

“I’ve been, uh… fine, I guess,” the gladiator replies, narrowing his eyes. “Can’t complain.”

“…Well, I can, but it’s not like that’d do anything…”

1 Like

Breakfast time nearly concluded, Juliana stood up on table.

“Alright boys!” She called out to the crowd. “It’s time for another day of fights, but first, how about a song to get you fired up? How about that eh?”

She asked the crowd, which would presumably roar in response.

OOC: do you mind if I momentarily take control of the crowd for the purposes of the song?

“Isn’t it the same for us all.”
He joked.

Railfire looked up at the fembot, genuinely confused.
“Does this happen often?”

“It’s not a common sight, no…”
Blackout replied in a dry, mildly annoyed tone. This wasn’t the first time this had happened, but he still didn’t care for it personally.

OOC: As long as you don’t go too comical, I’ll allow it.

Backbreaker raises an eyebrow. Railfire’s humor was usually biting and sardonic; just what had gotten into him?"

“But not uncommon enough,” Backbreaker adds quietly. Like Blackout, he didn’t much care for Juliana’s performances, but he knew others did, and maybe it kept morale from sinking too low on the bad days, so he tended to keep his grievances to himself.

“Oh come on!? I didn’t get up here for nothing! Let’s try that again. What about a song eh?”

A moderate portion of the crowd cheered, (The PC’s were among those that didn’t unless stated otherwise.)

“It’ll have to do. Ready! Right, you know how it works!”

When I was a little lad or so my mammy told me, to me (Juliana)
Way haul away, we’ll haul away Joe (Crowd)
That if I didn’t kiss the girls, me lips would all grow moldy, (J)
Way haul away, we’ll haul away Joe (C)

Way, haul away, we’ll haul away together (Chorus sung by Crowd)
Way, haul away, we’ll haul away, Joe!
Way haul away, we’ll haul for better weather
Way, haul away, we’ll haul away, Joe!

For once i had an Irish girl but she got fat and lazy, (J)
Way haul away, we’ll haul away Joe(C)
For now i got an Cornish girl, and she can drive me mazy,(J)

(Chorus)

Now a small percentage of the non-singing crowd had joined in.

King Louis was the king of France before the revolution,(J)
Way haul away, we’ll haul away Joe (C)
And then he got his head cut off, it spoiled his constitution, (J)

(Chorus)

A hey cant you see the black clouds arising (J)
A hey cant you see the storm clouds are gathering (J)

(Chorus)

The final Chorus ended with a flourish, and those singing had smules on their faces.

“Have a great day boys!” She said, pumping a fist in the air. She then jumped down off the table, and began to walk towards her cell, unless someone stopped her.

“Alright doc. What’s the deal?”
Blackout said quietly. Just enough for those at the table to hear.

“I will explain in due time. For now, I will admit that recent events have convinced me to take a more active role in the goings on here.”
Railfire said, just before the performance began.

Maximus listened contently to the music. Tapping his feet, bobbing his head, and generally having a good time. Axis employed it was well, but wasn’t quite as animated about it.

Blackout found it annoying more than anything, but stayed quiet about it.

Thundercracker, Demolishor, Skywarp, Cyclonus, and Hotshot however enjoyed it very much. Happily getting up and singing along with the others.

Backbreaker lets the others enjoy the song, personally wishing that he could find a way to adjust the volume on his audio receptors. When it was over, he applauds, for he had to admit Juliana’s singing wasn’t half-bad.

“Any idea when the fight’s gonna start?” he asks those around him.

“Should be soon.”
Blackout remarked.

OOC: @Toa_Vladin you on?

Tie-Grabber and Railgun both look at Machbreaker, who just shrugged in response. He ultimately decided to keep his mouth shut as to what Railfire had revealed to him, just to be on the safe side. Instead, he just told them what he else he heard, that being Railfire was willing to help an escape attempt from this blasted place. But that gave little to explain to them why the old medic was out and about.

“Zlip zzzooooop!” “Ha ha, you’re Zop!” Machbreaker mocking shouts at Oddball, if only because his beeping is the zippy ones. Rather Oddball than him, as it were.

When the singing starts however, Railgun puts his hands to his head a bit annoyed. He was always one more for the sounds of nature, the nice hum of the tracks, and the sound of cannons blasting apart foes. Music never suited him much, too distracting or just awful sounding. Or perhaps he just needed to discover the right band, but someone on as wound-up a schedule as him he probably would never take the time.

Tie-Grabber slightly nodded to the tune, trying to figure it out. He attempted to sing along, but did so quietly. Not so much shy, but due to his own terrible singing, unable to keep a tune.

Machbreaker on the other hand, was pretty excited and energetic. He didn’t sing along, but he did cheer on. If not for what else he wanted to do this day, he probably would have danced to it.

Though once the singing was over, the three regained their composure and Railgun focused on the doc. He wanted to know more, but…

He shakes off the thought and makes a forward motion with his arm and hand. The three transform into their vehicle modes and follow in a line, or train rather, formation. Railgun in front, Tie-Grabber in middle, Machbreaker in the back, and they chug around the room collecting any new scraps. Be these scraps of metal, Energon, or whatever. And to also get a good run around the room, which was always fun. Take the scenic route…for what little sights they had here.

2 Likes

Railfire watched the minicons move and race about. To anyone else their actions would look like childish play, but he knew otherwise.

Just then, the all too familiar alarm for battle rang through the room.
“Backbreaker. Wildsong. Report to the arena.”
Iota barked over the intercom.

OOC: @Chromeharpoon @Toa_Vladin Alright I got work to do, and soon after that I’ll need to go to bed. So I’m gonna have to move your characters myself, in order to start the fight as soon as you can, likely after I’ve fallen asleep. Hope you guys don’t mind.

IC: Having been called to action, the two fighters make their way to the arena.

As each bot walks in on opposite ends of the arena, they’re greeted with the familiar sights and sounds. The collective voices of thousands of Vex spectators. Camera drones whizzing about, providing footage for large monitors.

Iota’s voice hollered through the loud speakers.
“Autobot Backbreaker, vs Predacon Wildsong! Let the fight begin!”

Oddball turns to Machbreaker and shrugs his shoulders.

Doo-wa-bwoop-bwoop.

“Eh, what can you do, y’know?”

Backbreaker stands to his feet and departs the commons.

“Well, see you later,” he bids Blackout and company farewell as he walks away.

As Backbreaker strides down a long hallway leading into the arena, he closes his eyes and relishes in the familiar sounds echoing down the corridor at him: the dull murmuring of an excited crowd, waiting impatiently for the match to start; the buzz of camera drones darting above their heads in search of a good angle to view the oncoming battle; and the booming voice of a bombastic announcer setting up his entrance (and that of his opponent). With his eyes closed, he could almost convince himself that he was back in Kaon, millennia before the Great War, stepping into the pits to challenge another gladiator.

But Backbreaker knew better. His nostalgia is soured by the reality that his present situation was nothing like his days as a champion of Kaon’s premier sport. He was a slave, forced to fight other prisoners like himself again and again, over and over for the amusement of a vain cloud of gas and his throng of bloodthirsty subjects, who only saw him as a means to slake their thirst for violence. This was not a chance for Backbreaker to relive his glory days until his spark burned out.

It was his own ironic hell.

Backbreaker’s eyes snap open as the Autobot breaks into a sprint, transforming into a massive, wingless, four-legged dragon with a head crowned with red horns without breaking stride. He thunders through the open gate, leaping into the the arena in his beast mode, landing just beyond the doors and unleashing a booming roar from his maw.

1 Like

OOC: All of that was freaking amazing. I love it.