Transformers: Tournament of Terror. Sign up and discussion topic.

Fixed; just very fast stealthy more like a ninja. As for the fights maybe since he can’t kill he just tortures and hurts his opponents near death? It’s not lethal if they’re still alive.

For the fights do we have an arena or full environments the fighters can use to their advantage?

1 Like

Yes. The arena changes on a randomized set of two combined elements. Say for example the elements selected were ice and water. The arena would change to a flooded pit dotted with floating islands of ice.

Anyway, your character is approved!

1 Like

Name: Spotlight
Faction: Decepticon
Appearance: (But all jet-black) His face, instead of having the standard cybertronian face, is one large circle of light.
Alt mode:

(But also black)
Weapons: Spotlight wields a semi-automatic shotgun, as well as two handheld war-axes.
Abilities: Spotlight can shine his lights extremely brightly, effectively blinding his enemies. His face can do this, as well as the vehicle mode kibble lights on his torso in robot mode, and the lights in vehicle mode.
Bio: Spotlight is a stealth expert, adept in sneaking around and being absolutely silent. He is also exceedingly skilled at distracting and incapacitating targets in order to stay undercover. He evaded capture during the Mass Exodus until very recently, when a catastrophic mistake resulted in him getting captured by Iota and the Vex.

Name: Brunt
Faction: Predacon
Appearance:

Alt mode:
Weapons: In robot mode, Brunt sports a large machine gun (30 cal) that extends from a machine arm connected to his back. He also uses a large warhammer and a bolt-action energy rifle. In dinosaur mode, he has a club tail, as well as hard and sharp spikes all over his back.
Abilities: Brunt is very strong.
Bio: Brunt is one of the newer predacons, taken prisoner by the Vex after causing a large amount of trouble in Cybertron. The Vex saw him as a worthy candidate for the Tournament and discreetly kidnapped him.

4 Likes

Both are approved!

2 Likes

Huh, I guess you were planning on making this

2 Likes

Yep. Took me a while, but I’ve finally done it.

1 Like

So what would you think about a Minicon Team? I see you have a two character limit, but up to three minion characters, so would playing just an Armada-esc Minicon Team be acceptable? No larger bot, just the three Minicons by their lonesome.

2 Likes

Do they have a larger combined mode? That isn’t a requirement or anything, I’m just curious.

As for the team as a whole, I’m thinking it over.

1 Like

Was considering it, but as a larger vehicle since weapons and a larger bot have both been done in the shows. Figured a larger vehicle combo would be more fun.

2 Likes

Or perhaps a large beast mode? That could be interesting.

Regardless, I’ve never really thought about how minicons might work in this universe, so I might need to work with you on the details for their origins.

As far as the game goes, how does this sound. What if you did something like the Recon Team from Cybertron? Two of the minicons can only speak in the R2D2 minicon language, while the “leader” can speak just fine, and can translate for his compatriots?

1 Like

@MaxinePrimal Would it be alright if I made a slight change to Oddball before the game starts?

1 Like

What do you have in mind?

1 Like

Hhhmmmmm. Well, the main theme for how Cybertron currently works is due to Energon shortages right? Perhaps before they came to the Predacons as a solution, they created Minicons as a step towards that direction. Minicons being basically the cassette formers, but even smaller, use less Energon, but just as powerful as their larger cassette relatives. Maybe even multi-purposed to conserve even more Energon, so not only are they little helpers, builders, etc., but doubled as weapons.

As for speaking, since most Minicons speak in electronic noises anyways, I was planning on none of them being able to speak an understandable language. Figured it would be more fun for them to try and use other means to say what they want to the other bots. Though if that would be too annoying for everyone else, yeah, I would be fine with the “leader” being able to talk.

2 Likes

I was thinking of dropping the grenade launcher, and instead just having him throw his flashbangs around. I was also thinking of them giving him another weapon.

1 Like

I like the start of the idea, but what about this instead.

Developed as a sort of working class. Able to assist larger bots with jobs they wouldn’t be able to do themselves. Small, durable, and hard working bots that are happy to get the job done.

As for the speaking, I’ll leave it up to you.

I’ll need a full on character sheet, or sheets, and then I can approve your character.

Okay. What do you have in mind for the other weapon?

1 Like

I was thinking about a Gear Shredder from Fall of Cybertron:

2 Likes

Oh! I love that weapon. Go right ahead.

2 Likes

@MaxinePrimal I made the change. What do you think?

2 Likes

Railroad Mini-Con Team

Name: Railgun
Faction: Decepticon (Minicon)
Appearance: Other than the artillery cannon being part of the left arm, no specific robot appearance in mind. So however the alt mode below would look as a robot.
Alt mode: Armored train engine and railway gun mix. Primarily like this:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1141/1784/products/Armored_Trainsm_1024x1024.jpg?v=1571439502
but with the artillery piece on this train car added to its front.

https://www.theengineer.co.uk/content/uploads/2017/02/Armoured-train.jpg
Weapons: An artillery cannon, though at his size it is more like a hand cannon.
Abilities: Heavily armored, Railgun can survive one blast per battle that would otherwise obliterate one of his kin. Generally durable and strong for his size; typically once in motion it can be difficult to stop, even for him.
Bio: Built long ago with the rest of the Mini-Cons to help build and perform tasks their larger relatives were unable to do. Railgun in particular was to help transport smaller components in dangerous areas to keep the cargo and other workers safe. With the onset of the war, he was captured and reconfigured to fight for the Decepticon cause, but vanished one day along with the rest of his team while on a scouting mission. As one day learned, he was captured by the Vex, but for reasons unknown to them. Perhaps they thought the arena could use some rats to clean up the scraps of battle. Whatever is the case, as leader of the team, Railgun will do what he can to protect his compatriots and get back home.

Name: Tie-Grabber
Appearance: Right arm is mostly composed of the crane, everything else up to interpretation based on alt mode below.
Alt mode: A railway crane https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/00/Spr64.jpg
Weapons: Crane/tow cable and hook. It can be altered to that the crane arm and hook become solid and act more like a railway plough.
Abilities: Has a good eye for objects he can grab/break to hinder anyone chasing them.
Bio: Built long ago with the rest of the Mini-Cons to help build and perform tasks their larger relatives were unable to do. Tie-Grabber’s purpose was to help maintain railways and roads, moving obstructions and other construction tasks. With the onset of the war, he was captured and reconfigured to fight for the Decepticon cause. With his knowledge of traffic flow and transportation, he had a knack of now creating obstructions and/or otherwise making the pathways to follow after them impractical. Several smaller routes faced his sabotage and hindered many smaller bots on the Autobot side. Though he vanished one day along with the rest of his team while on a scouting mission. As one day learned, he was captured by the Vex, but for reasons unknown to them. Perhaps they thought the arena could use some rats to clean up the scraps of battle. Whatever is the case, if they thought they could get their fifthly hands on them again, Tie-Grabber plans on showing them the error of their ways.

Name: Machbreaker
Appearance: Probably would end up looking similar to Grindor, sssooooo

Alt mode: Rocket Sled, the Sonic Window No. 1 mostly:

https://airandspace.si.edu/webimages/collections/full/A19680015000SH1.jpg
Weapons: The closest to weaponry he has as his rocket feet, which could be used as makeshift flamethrowers.
Abilities: Machbreaker is incredibly fast and can keep pace with several of the larger jetfighter bots. However, his extreme speed comes with terrible handling and can’t really turn without coming to a stop first. In robot mode, his rocket feet allow him to hover, though he can’t quite fly with them.
Bio: Built long ago with the rest of the Mini-Cons to help build and perform tasks their larger relatives were unable to do. Machbreaker’s purpose was to test the durability of smaller components and new inventions to extreme forces. With the onset of the war, he was captured and reconfigured to fight for the Decepticon cause. Due to his speeds and small size, he was primarily used as a scout and reported on Autobot troop movements. He was eventually placed on a team with Railgun and Tie-Grabber for a particularly troublesome mission and the trio never returned. As one day learned, he was captured by the Vex, but for reasons unknown to them. Perhaps they thought the arena could use some rats to clean up the scraps of battle. Whatever is the case, if Machbreaker can have it so that they avoid major fights, and death, he will do so. However, with the new Predacon, it seems his brothers wish to join him in revolution. He is against the idea, but will still assist as need as long as it helps them find a way out.

Combiner: Together, the team can combine into Scuttle, an armored space shuttle. The shuttle has one turreted cannon on its underside and a retractable robotic arm on the top.

2 Likes

oh, hey! Look! The design of one of my Minicon characters that I was planning to use! Neat.

1 Like